AMD demand at record high

Says Lenovo, begs the question record relative to ? Promising anyway.

4 Likes

It could be that NVDA has sold everything they have so I guess I will go and get something off of AMD. At least I have something.

Andy

4 Likes

Lemme back up my truck

jnSBOd1

2 Likes

Competition makes for better products and better prices. Customers are likely to support a strong competitor. But Nvidia is so far ahead it may be difficult to make much of a dent in market share.

1 Like

I agree Paul, I think with Amd’s PC division it really doesn’t have to take out NVDA’s GPU market. If it gets a little of it and the upgrade for AI PC’s comes through AMD could do really good also.

Andy

There’s purchase price and running costs to consider which may make AMD the more appropriate option. Nvidia want to maintain their margins which are already huge.

1 Like

Nvidia is so far ahead it may be difficult to make much of a dent in market share.

In a rapidly growing market this is less true, or one might say less important. AMD doesn’t have to steal business from Nvidia to grow, unlike many situations competing with Intel over the years. Nvidia decides they can tolerate losing a few points of share to maintain pricing and focus on their most important customers, AMD gains a few points and doubles their sales serving other demand, everyone’s making money. At least that can work for a good while.

2 Likes

Yes, niche marketing will likely be a factor. The books say only top two suppliers can offer a full line of products profitably. But often their focus is major volume products.

Niche players can do well by customizing products to smaller sectors. Special features etc. Those are often too small for the big guys.