Atlassian

A few days ago I reads Saul’s post “Earnings season so far.” He likes Hubspot, a stock that I do not own so I read the latest Hubspot earnings call transcript. In the transcript the CEO mentiones Shopify and Atlassian favorably. Shopify I own (thanks) but don’t every remember hearing about Atlassia.

From Marketwatch,
Atlassian Corp. Plc operates as an enterprise software company, which engages in the designing, developing, licensing, and maintaining of software. Its products include JIRA software, JIRA services desk, JIRA core, statusPage, Confluence, HipChart, Bitbucket, SourceTree, Bamboo, Clover, Fisheye, and Crucible. The company was founded by Michael Cannon-Brookes and Scott Farquhar in 2002 and is headquartered in Sydney, Australia

Atlassian’s ticker is TEAM and seams to be growing pretty fast. From what I understand their products are used mostly to write code.

Wanted to bring it to the board to see what you guys think.

Kindest regards,
Steve

1 Like

Try http://discussion.fool.com/atlassian-team-32332951.aspx

1 Like

For what it is worth, I have used Atlassian’s Confluence product. The developers/webmasters I have talked to like it more than SharePoint, but the point is that Confluence is a direct competitor to Microsoft SharePoint. I don’t have the source in front of me but I have heard a lot (50%+) of Microsoft’s profits come from SharePoint (recurring revenue and it has a significant moat) so if you think MS will play nicely with Atlassian I would think again, that is a high risk to me. But who knows, maybe Microsoft will buy them.

On other products, like HipChat, I think that is a very competitive field from the likes of Slack, FB Messenger, Discord, GroupMe, etc (all of which I have heard of and used, but I haven’t heard of or used HipChat).

But I like the TEAM ticker name :slight_smile:

Rob

Thanks Tamhas, Guess i missed it.

Kindest Regards,
Steve