Before the end of the day...

If you can get to your real estate broker or do it yourself…put your house on the market with a 50% premium to market. Today is one of those days it will sell immediately.

2 Likes

If you are being sarcastic, the reality is lot closer to it. We are in the market for a house in Seattle area. So yesterday we wrote an offer of $1.2 M for a house with asking price of $935 K, and today morning my broker told me, we didn’t get the house because it went for $1.3 M all cash.

Separately, my wife is all mad at me because I am investing in “dogs” that go up 10% or 15% in a year, instead of buying houses, that can go up 50%.

No rest for the weary.

7 Likes

Separately, my wife is all mad at me because I am investing in “dogs” that go up 10% or 15% in a year, instead of buying houses, that can go up 50%.

Easy to solve: New wife.

5 Likes

Separately, my wife is all mad at me because I am investing in “dogs” that go up 10% or 15% in a year, instead of buying houses, that can go up 50%

Easy to solve: New wife.

And risk a 50% permanent loss of capital? Breaks Rule #1.

-Rubic

22 Likes

And risk a 50% permanent loss of capital? Breaks Rule #1

Rubic!!! That’s what I preach my niece, nephew and my son, choose your partner carefully. Divorce is very expensive, emotionally, psychological and financially.

3 Likes

That is why a 50% stock market correction is worse than a divorce. In a 50% stock market correction, you lose half your money. In a divorce, you lose half your money and are still stuck with your wife.

Sandywater

1 Like