Boil trading at multi year lows

Quill,

Yeah, StockCharts just offers two flavors of MAs, ‘simple’ and ‘exponential’, as do most of the discounters tn heir scanning tools. But let me see what I can cobble together at Schwab, ET, or TD by way of a scan that’s based on prices moving above a MA.

BOIL moving in a good direction…doc

1 Like

Be careful on Boil Doc, Natural Gas is getting hammered and it can trap you in a position. I am thinking that Quill is right to trade Kold instead what do you think? If in boil need to day trade it.

Andy

I have stayed away from it so far. Seems to me that it would do better in the fall and winter when all the speculation is going on about the weather…doc

1 Like

Out of Soxl for a return of 9.9 percent. Getting out of the trade before the weekend. Just thinking really volatile.

Andy

1 Like

I have held AMD for years and I’m noticing it is down this morning while SOXL is currently creeping up…doc

1 Like

out of Fas at $56.70 for a return of 6.6 percent. Not a bad week . Do not want to hold anything over the weekend.

Andy

1 Like

I think you are smart for having AMD well done.

Andy

1 Like

I’ve been watching and trading UCO SCO. Crude has gone from the $67 range up to the $75 range the last 2 weeks. We should all watch and nibble on oil stocks/etf’s if the chart is right and the chart don’t lie…doc

re: KOLD / BOIL

3/31/23 The charts is showing time to make the appropriate changes today.

You guys had better be following the Microelectronic Semiconductors.

China is on the move to bring the United States to its knees in trying to grab the semiconductors companies in Taiwan. TSM is moving to Arizona.

Let it sink in for a few minutes and look around your surroundings with the computer chips running your every product you use currently. eg… home, cars, computers, juke boxes.

I have been in the Semiconductors for over 41 years before I was laid off in 2007 due to an organizational change in the Engineering group, which I know is not true. I was just learning the 5,7,10, Nanometer chip process cell designs provided by TSM’s cell library but modified them to make them smaller.

Designing chip cells is like Swing Trading. They both need to obey the rules or pay the penalty.

Tried to get a job at COST as a door greeter for the bennies but wasn’t hired. So, I bought the company, not really, but swing traded them since 2007.
Now well in the 7 figures. Ditto for the Tetter Totters. eg… SPXL / SPXS and a few others.

I was the Senior Principle IC (Integrated Circuits) Layout Designer for 41 years designing complex state of the art computer chips, various cell libraries and the Input /Output library cells. (over 1000 cells that make the chips run).

There is no chip shortage other than slowing the production in order to jack up the prices.

The Semi’s:
CDNS - My first 20 years everything was done by hand, the artwork on ruby Lith screening was done by hand. I used to work 10-hour days 6 days a week.
TSM - now TSMC does all the manufacturing because it was cheaper. We went from FAB production to FABLESS. The majority of the semi companies are FABLESS.
INTC, AMD, MU, ASML, TXN, NVDA (best one to swing trade), MCHP, GFS, AVGO, QCOM, (next best to own), ASX, SMTC,
SOXX, SMH, XSD, PSI, FTXL, SOXL, SOXS, SOXQ, IFNNY.

ASML is supplying all the new high tech million-dollar equipment to the FAB production companies, eg… TSM, MU, INTC. SAMSUNG (South Korean).

3 Likes

Hi Quill,

Can you let me know what parameters you use for the day trading…What parameters do you set in the Barcharts or the Stockcharts?

I think I have understood the one for swing trading, but I am sure I have not got it for the day trade.

As an example, I screwed up on TSLA today, and left a lot of money on the table.

In the morning, it gapped up a bit, hit about 199.1 and then moved slightly down to 198 something…And on my barchart set up, I saw the upper arc, and the next red bar, and so sol out…But then saw that it completely ran away from me…

Could you please let me know how you have your barchart parameters set up for day trading, thanks

Charlie

1 Like

Gentlemen & Lisa too.

re: TSLA
What are you guys doin. Are you Day Trading with what day time table. (can’t read you mind) or you are Swing Trading.
I for one am Swing Trading. TSLA since 3/14/ 23. Check back at 10am and 3:30pm. We follow the rules.

Today I am playing the 2.5% theory and EYE is moving like a caterpillar. To slow for me.
The other stock for today is ENIC. Now this is the way is suppose to move. Monday I should be out.

If you guys want to learn how to trade in traffic learn how to trade per the 2.5 or 3 Percent theory since you guys like to semi day trade.
On day 365 you shall be one happy puppy.
I am playing with 8 different stocks all the tyme. Now look at your spread sheet and multiply 8 times the bottom line. Then smile.

I would like to stop at Day 210 earn about 2k with 4 stocks in rotation and let the remaining go all the way to Day 365.

When you guys get down to around Day 210 I would like to see blood pressure for a lack of experience play around that amount money. For me it will be a routine day.

Arindam the GOAT, keeps yelling at me about the 2.5 Percent Theory. I’ll listen when he matches wit.

Charlie, I’ll be back after Dinner. Will show Barchart and Stockcharts. How many minutes do you like for Stockcharts and Barchart.

2 Likes

Quill,

If it works for you, go for it. But I think its mechanics can’t be sustained as the account grows in size. It’s one thing to begin with $1k and to be betting all of it on a single position. It’s a whole different game to have a million plus under management and to being willing to make that same single bet. I can’t do it. Few can. Timidity --or common sense-- steps in.

You, OTOH, like betting big.

Charlie,

TSLA journal of events 03/31/2023

Day Trading , First pass will be 2 minute chart, per Simons Sez III two (2) simple rules.

time stamp
in at 09:36
out at 10:58 up 1.5152 percent
in at 11:10
out at 12:44 up 2.5000 percent
in at 13:06
out at 15.06 up 1.4706 percent
in at 15:38
out at 15:54 up 0.4854 percent

1. Options for exiting for day traders is with 5 minutes of closing regardless of the price.
  2. Another option is to let it ride to the next day.

Day Trading , First pass will be 5 minute chart, per Simons Sez III two (2) simple rules.

time stamp
in at 0:931 $ ?
out at 12:45 up 5.0761 percent
in at 13:05
out at 15:10 up 1.4706 perent
in 15:40
out at 15:55 up 0.4854 percent

1. Options for exiting for day traders is with 5 minutes of closing regardless of the price.

Day Trading , First pass will be 15 minute chart, per Simons Sez III two (2) simple rules.

time stamp
in at 09:31
out at 15:45 up 4.5685 percent

If the out is safe to 16:00, you can live for another day and resume the following day.

Daily Trading

time stamp
in on 3/14 /23 at 167 and change
out - pending the next SELL signal per Simon Sez two simple rules.

Day Trading can be safe if you follow Simon Sez III rules and do not argue with him. Have you observed how easy it is no matter what Minute chart you are using.
Arindam complains I work to hard.

I have students who Day Trade with a 6 pack of stocks and are very successful at it.

I asked you what minute charts you are using on a daily basis.

I talk to the chart with a story of ’ I start here and I get out here ’ stir, rinse and repeat over and over.

For ha ha’s, I then would say what if I bought 1000 shares at the ’ in ’ and sell at the "out " how much money did make.

Charlie, if my 9th graders can do it, I damn sure you can do the above day after day. But, they are not allowed to Day Trade while in school.

Any questions on the above journal. Did you see any crumbs left on the table.

II morrow will setup the Barchart. I am a caregiver to my wife 24/7. Up at 7am and in bed by 3am.

I wish you the best

Quill -

If you click on the chart once or twice, the chart will get bigger.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot Quill. Really appreciate that.

Right now, I am using only the Barcharts, and I have it set up the way you suggested for the swing trading…So, right now it is on the 2 month period, and frequency daily for that.

However, for the day trading…I dont think I have your set up.

I simply changed the range to 1 day and the frequency goes to 5 minute by default…

1. I am not sure how you have the bar chart and stockcharts set up for the day trade (the 2.5% system)

2. and what signal you use for jumping in and out for that.

Thanks so much for taking the time and helping.

Charlie

Okay Charlie, let’s buckle up.

Build you Templates furst .

What’s in a name. New puppies and kittens have a name. So, create a name for your own puppies. The below are my names.

Chart Templates - DON’T forget to save at every new chart and or any changes made.
Add a template - give it your favourite name/s

Name: Simon - II
Symbol: period daily, 2-month
Bar Type :
Colored OHLC Bars green red Small
check off Extended hours
check off Realtime …

Events :
Show - - - if you want the divis and earnings to be included.
check off Dividends
check off Earnings

Studies :
Moving Average Triangular (5)
Moving Average Weighted (10,0)
Parabolic Time (SAR) (20,2)
True Strength Index (16,8,4)

I am going to pick on TSLA as exercise

1. call up chart

2. jamb the chart hard left until two Arc’s or smiley faces are shown
    2a. will show chart if this works TSLA - Tesla Stock Interactive Chart - Barchart.com
    2b. will show another chart if this does not work

3. Simon Sez II rules apply.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Name : Simon - I

Symbol: period daily, 2-month when you view the chart, change the range to 1D to auto 1D 5 min.
Bar type :
Heikin-Ashi - green red Small
check off Extended hours
check off Realtime …

Events :
check off Dividends
check off Earnings

Studies :
Moving Average Triangular (5)
Moving Average Weighted (10,0)
Parabolic Time (SAR) (20,2)

Chart: TSLA - Tesla Stock Interactive Chart - Barchart.com if this works
other wise will show another chart if this does not work.

I am going to pick on TSLA as exercise

1. call up chart

2a. will show chart if this works TSLA - Tesla Stock Interactive Chart - Barchart.com

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Name : Simon
For folks who like to just see it Black and White with a 20ema.

Symbol: period daily, 2-month when you view the chart.
Bar type :
OHLC Bars - Black box - small
check off Extended hours
check off Realtime …

Events :
check off Dividends
check off Earnings

Studies :
Moving Average Exponential (20,Close,0)

Chart: TSLA - Tesla Stock Interactive Chart - Barchart.com if this works
other wise will show another chart if this does not work.

I am going to pick on TSLA as exercise.

1. call up chart

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

re: 2.5% theory don’t use the 1D charts. Just the basic Daily chart
when buying the stock, use the ASKed price
now me mark up the chart
go to tools, click on Horizontal Line
right click and pick a coulor
right click again and type in a dollar amount as the price you want to sell the stock at.
click on Apply

When the BID price goes above the purple line, you made a sale. Your broker will display the sold stock.

Just in case I screwed up the charts.

Simon II
Simon I
Simon
Simon
Simon 2.5% theory.

Take your time and see ya around the campus.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot Quill. Much appreciated!

So, the charts that you had on Friday on TSLA…I think they were done with with 1 minute…is that only available as a paid subscriber on Stockchart?

I don’t see that on the Barchart…nor am I able to even see that on Stockchart.

To be honest, I think I prefer the ones u just sent, and will use them for swing trading like you do.

Thanks a lot again.

Charlie

Hi Quill,

I got everything set up that…And everything works exactly the way u did…

However, the only thing where I am not getting is this particular chart

How did you manage to get the time split in 30 minutes - like I see in this chart, you have it 17:00, 17:30 etc…and the charts are also easy to see and understand…Yet, when I do that, it is too jumbled

This is yours!!

And this is mine, when I change the chart range to 1 day, and move the chart to the end of the day…I dont know how to get the time range set up in the 30 minutes way that u have

On your 1040 tax form, what did you write down for your Occupation on page 2 at the bottom?

I am retired now. So, I just put it as retired.