BRK's pharma stocks

Any guess why Warren has been selling the pharma stocks that he bought in 3Q 2020? He bought $5.7 billion worth of pharma stocks in 3Q 2020, but he’s sold most of his shares within a year and a quarter of buying them.

Great question and was wondering the same. In a similar vein why did he dump WFC in the high 20’s??
Its not like they need the cash😊

Regarding WFC, the thinking is that Warren became disillusioned with WFC after WFC opened customer accounts without customers’ knowledge, and became disillusioned again when KO hired a new CEO who chose to live in New York instead of moving to company headquarters in San Francisco. Charlie stated in an interview that, “Warren is not as forgiving as I am.”

3 Likes

the thinking is that Warren became disillusioned with WFC after WFC opened customer accounts without customers’ knowledge,

That’s rewriting the history. WEB and Munger were very vocal in their support for WFC management. It is the new hire that they didn’t like.

Warren is not as forgiving as I am.

I dismiss this as for public consumption. It is not the scandal but the new CEO hire is someone they didn’t agree with or didn’t like.

1 Like