Brushes and Tears

Was in Walmart, needed a new toothbrush. Some of the name brands were six or seven bucks, this for a single brush. I ended up buying a six-pack of brushes, from “Dr. Clean”, for one dollar. They seem like fine, quality brushes, should last me a few years.

Also in WM, needed some “artificial tears”. Most of them were in tiiiny leetle bottles, six, seven, eight bucks and even higher. One was $15 for 10 ml. I bought an off-brand, 1 oz (30 ml) for two bucks.

Cripes. What a bunch of rip-offs.

1 Like

I get a toothbrush every time I go to my dentist along with little tube of toothpaste and a between teeth cleaner.

“Also in WM, needed some “artificial tears”. Most of them were in tiiiny leetle bottles, six, seven, eight bucks and even higher. One was $15 for 10 ml. I bought an off-brand, 1 oz (30 ml) for two bucks.”

There are big differences between artificial tears. Some have added anti-redness stuff in them.

Others are in individual little bottles for one use each time - no preservative in each. Likely most expensive.

Most of the others have ‘preservatives’ which aren’t great for the eyes for repeated use.

t

2 Likes

Any time there is “ophthalmological” in the product name, expect it to be at least double or triple what you would expect.

That said, we’ve kept a product called dura lube in the chest for years now. Only need a replacement every five years or so.

Expensive. But lubes the eyes but good. Whether the problem is a particle in there or an eye lash in there or the accidental night time eye rub / eye ball scratch, applying it “makes the problem go away”. Quick.

Useful.

Like I say, expensive, but lasts several years in the M chest.

Make that Lacri-Lube, not Dura Lube!

That’s what I get for not double checking the name on the stuff before posting!

It’s from Allergan.

FWIW: The tube we have is the ECONOMY SIZE. All of 0.25oz.

Good stuff anyways.

Make that Lacri-Lube, not Dura Lube! – BB

With your original post, my eyebrows went up a bit due to a name like Dura Lube… thought it sounds like something I’d apply to the suspension of my car! LOL. Appreciate the correction. :smiley:

Rob
Rule Breaker Home Fool
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

2 Likes

Make that Lacri-Lube, not Dura Lube!

Perhaps you were thinking of DURALUB EYE 10ML DROPS? They seem to be more popular in India.

https://pharmeasy.in/online-medicine-order/duralub-eye-drops…
https://www.medplusmart.com/product/duralub-eye-10ml-drops_d…

I bought a multipack of cheap toothbrushes once, maybe at the dollar store. The first time I brushed, all the bristles came out in my mouth…

1 Like

I bought a multipack of cheap toothbrushes once, maybe at the dollar store. The first time I brushed, all the bristles came out in my mouth…

Well that’s never good.

These I bought are good quality and should last me quite a while.

2 Likes

I ended up buying a six-pack of brushes, from “Dr. Clean”, for one dollar. They seem like fine, quality brushes, should last me a few years.

The recommendation is to replace toothbrushes every 3 to 4 months.

2 Likes

Make that Lacri-Lube, not Dura Lube! – BB

With your original post, my eyebrows went up a bit due to a name like Dura Lube… thought it sounds like something I’d apply to the suspension of my car!

Dura Lube Red is a transmission additive. I had a 14 year old car whose transmission wouldn’t shift out of first gear. Adding Dura Lube Red got me another year of use; it’s the only transmission fluid additive that actually gave any benefit.