CASYs down today?

Anyone have any ideas why Casy’s is down today?

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=casy

I could not find any news.

Is it because some investors were using it as a “safe” parking area for their money while market was down, but are now transitioning back into other stocks?

Earthshine
no position in Casy’s (yet, but watching for a good entry point)

CASY reported Jan sales from food/fountain up 4.7% and grocery merchandise up 5%. That’s the lowest quarterly growth since Q4 2013. Also got hit by 2 lowered tgts GS to $129 and RBC to $124.

Rob

2 Likes

Is it because some investors were using it as a “safe” parking area for their money while market was down, but are now transitioning back into other stocks?

Same store sales for January 2016 were released yesterday after hours. The market does not like it and seems to be rotating it for more explosive stocks.

Sincerely,
Charlie

3 Likes

Anyone have any ideas why Casy’s is down today?

It’s because I made my first purchase of CASY yesterday, sorry I didn’t warn everyone.

13 Likes

I bought some more at around 105 today. CASY had some pretty tough comps from last year and it was really cold in the Midwest in January. With the recent news that they are already planning a third distribution center I think the runway is still pretty long here.

Craig
Long CASY

2 Likes