Costco being sued

I suspect this will go nowhere. But it is news.

It’s pretty much the industry standard to have big chickens, so I doubt Costco is doing anything different. Industrial chicken farming isn’t pretty, no matter whether it’s Foster Farms or Costco.

https://www.businessinsider.com/costco-rotisserie-chicken-la…

The suit was brought by two Costco shareholders who say that Costco knowingly breeds chickens too large to stand up, and the "disabled birds slowly die from hunger, thirst, injury, and illness."

The suit was brought by two Costco shareholders who say that Costco knowingly breeds chickens too large to stand up, and the “disabled birds slowly die from hunger, thirst, injury, and illness.”

Sounds crazy. Now if they said the birds quickly die to be prepped for the rotisserie, I would agree. The volume of chickens they sell is impressive.

IP

I’ve not gotten one of their rotisserie chickens because I do my own. And I don’t buy my whole chicken at Costco.

But if those 2 shareholders are looking at Costco chickens are they also looking at the size of all the other places that sell rotisserie chickens? Or all the farms that sell oversize chickens? I bought a bag of just frozen chicken legs once a few years back and they were huge. So oversize farm chickens have been around for a while and these to shareholders are just now looking at Costco?