Crowdstrike authorized on FedRAMP

Press Release

CrowdStrike Empowers Government Agencies to Stop Breaches with Industry-Leading Managed Detection and Response Solution

Falcon Complete’s cloud-native sophisticated AI, extensive telemetry and deep expertise of human defenders safeguard the public sector

CrowdStrike Inc. a leader in cloud-delivered endpoint protection and workload protection, today announced the availability of CrowdStrike Falcon for GovCloud — our FedRAMP-AUTHORIZED endpoint protection platform. Falcon Complete for GovCloud provides cloud-native managed detection and response (MDR) for the public sector, instantly protecting endpoints through powerful AI, comprehensive threat intelligence and 24/7/365 support from defenders who manage, monitor and remediate threats that plague government agencies. Falcon Complete provides an unparalleled combination of technology and deep expertise to autonomously protect agencies from sophisticated threats.

The recent Biden AdministrationExecutive Order (EO) on cybersecurity emphasizes multiple cybersecurity-focused priorities for government agencies, including fundamental proactive security measures, such as endpoint detection and response (EDR), incident management, threat hunting and the prioritization of cloud. Falcon Complete provides ALL of those capabilities in a single turnkey solution, while offering a superior endpoint protection platform that addresses additional EO mandates such as Zero Trust and log management.etc etc etc

Saul

Bolding and Caps are mine.

26 Likes

I thought this stood out as well from the Press Release…

“Falcon Complete for GovCloud also provides a deep bench of expertise to alleviate the compounding staffing issues surrounding the public sector and helps agencies to augment their staff. Falcon Complete offers 24/7/365 monitoring of networks and remediation when an incident may occur. This helps to increase the agility of teams, ultimately improving time-to-value, and helps to thwart attacks in a more efficient manner.”

I think this is a perfect example displaying the benefits of having been a first mover in cloud native security and how Crowdstrike’s current size helps their ability to scale at a moments notice and meet whatever customer needs come their way, which is essential in the cybersecurity environment, right? So, from an investment point of view, while CRWD’s size may concern some, I think this case shows how their size and resources can help propel growth.

Brian

21 Likes

First post to this board (and novice to MF boards in general)… crossing my fingers that I get the formatting correct.

https://www.nextgov.com/cybersecurity/2021/08/cisa-stands-jo…

CISA Stands Up Joint Cyber Defense Collaborative

The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency will work with agency stakeholders and new private-sector partners to minimize the risk of cyber incidents and better coordinate defensive actions if successful attacks occur under a new effort announced Thursday.

Initial industry partners include Amazon Web Services, AT&T, CrowdStrike , FireEye Mandiant, Google Cloud, Lumen, Microsoft, Palo Alto Networks and Verizon.

Current government partners in the effort thus far include the Department of Defense, U.S. Cyber Command, the National Security Agency, the Department of Justice, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence.

THIS is the benefit of getting FedRAMP authorized. The agencies mentioned comprise only ~11.7% of the $7.7 trillion 2021 federal budget, and this is just a start.
(https://www.usaspending.gov/explorer/agency; DOD budget includes USCC, NSA and ODNI, and DOJ includes the FBI). The federal government moves slower than a supertanker but when they do, there’s a tremendous amount of opportunity for FedRAMP-authorized contractors (I’m a federal employee, not IT though).

Side note: I subscribed to a couple of MF services a couple of years ago but was lost in the wilderness until I started reading this board a month ago. As many others have noted previously, the collective wisdom and knowledge on the board is amazing, and I’m learning a tremendous amount. And I’ve already benefited financially. Thank you to everyone for your posts, and to Saul and co-managers who are doing the hard work of maintaining a lean and mean board. Just amazing.

50 Likes