CRWD earnings

Down after hours, I skimmed at it looked like good news to me. I know there was a large run up. Your thoughts, what did I miss?

Second Quarter Fiscal 2021 Financial Highlights

Revenue: Total revenue was $199.0 million, an 84% increase, compared to $108.1 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2020. Subscription revenue was $184.3 million, an 89% increase, compared to $97.6 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2020.
Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) increased 87% year-over-year and grew to $790.6 million as of July 31, 2020, of which $104.5 million was net new ARR added in the quarter.
Subscription Gross Margin: GAAP subscription gross margin was 76%, compared to 74% in the second quarter of fiscal 2020. Non-GAAP subscription gross margin was 78%, compared to 76% in the second quarter of fiscal 2020.
Income/Loss from Operations: GAAP loss from operations was $30.0 million, compared to $50.6 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2020. Non-GAAP income from operations was $7.8 million, compared to a loss of $20.6 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2020.
Net Income/Loss: GAAP net loss was $29.9 million, compared to $51.9 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2020. GAAP net loss per share, basic and diluted, was $0.14, compared to $0.40 in the second quarter of fiscal 2020. Non-GAAP net income was $7.9 million, compared to a loss of $23.1 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2020. Non-GAAP net income per share, diluted, was $0.03, compared to a loss of $0.18 in the second quarter of fiscal 2020.
Cash Flow: Net cash generated from operations was $55.0 million, compared to negative $6.2 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2020. Free cash flow was $32.4 million, compared to negative $29.2 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2020.
Cash and Cash Equivalents increased to $1,065 million as of July 31, 2020.
Recent Highlights

Added 969 net new subscription customers in the quarter for a total of 7,230 subscription customers as of July 31, 2020, representing 91% growth year-over-year.
CrowdStrike’s subscription customers that have adopted four or more cloud modules increased to 57% and those with five or more cloud modules increased to 39% as of July 31, 2020.
CrowdStrike was identified as the fastest-growing endpoint security software vendor in the IDC Worldwide Endpoint Security Software Market Shares, 2019 report.
CrowdStrike, Netskope, Okta, Inc., and Proofpoint, Inc. announced they are coordinating to help organizations implement an integrated, zero trust security strategy. The companies will offer integrated solutions, advanced insights, and reference architectures, in addition to implementation best practices, accounting for end-user, device, network, and data security.
Announced the addition of applications from Illumio, Obsidian Security, and SecurityAdvisor to the CrowdStrike Store.
Financial Outlook

CrowdStrike is providing the following guidance for the third quarter of fiscal 2021 (ending October 31, 2020) and increasing its guidance for fiscal year 2021 (ending January 31, 2021):

Q3 FY21
Guidance

Full Year FY21
Guidance
Total revenue
$210.6 - $215.0 million

$809.1 - $826.7 million
Non-GAAP income (loss) from operations
$(1.4) - $1.6 million

$3.6 - $16.4 million
Non-GAAP net income (loss)
$(2.2) - $0.9 million

$5.6 - $18.4 million
Non-GAAP net income (loss) per share, diluted
$(0.01) - $0.00

$0.02 - $0.08
Weighted average shares used in computing Non-GAAP net loss per share attributable to common stockholders, diluted
219 million

218 million
Weighted average shares used in computing Non-GAAP net income per share attributable to common stockholders, diluted
235 million

234 million
These statements are forward-looking and actual results may differ materially as a result of many factors. Refer to the Forward-Looking Statements safe harbor below for information on the factors that could cause our actual results to differ materially from these forward-looking statements.

Guidance for non-GAAP financial measures excludes stock-based compensation expense and amortization expense of acquired intangible assets. We have not provided the most directly comparable GAAP measures because certain items are out of our control or cannot be reasonably predicted. Accordingly, a reconciliation for non-GAAP loss from operations, non-GAAP net loss, and non-GAAP net loss per share is not available without unreasonable effort.

30 Likes

Rev Growth forecast for Q3: 70%, Q4: 50%
That’s probably what the market didn’t like. Could be just sandbagging.

2 Likes

I took the midpoint of their revenue projection and get 70% revenue growth for next quarter, which is a deceleration from revenue growth in the 80s. We’ll have to wait for the conference call to get a better feel for things, but 70 growth projection appears to have disappointed the market after hours.

As always, they could be sandbagging. As far as this quarter goes, subscription revenues 88.8% YOY growth is as good as ever. Subscription margins at 78% are as good as ever.

I think that they are doing fine for now, but we need to see if what they have to say.

Best,

bulwnkl

3 Likes

Glancing over them look good to me, think the street was expecting more than 969 new paying customers. However, its run very fast on the back of Zoom(as has Docu)in the last few days so not entirely unexpected. Going to listen to the call soon.

Very solid result in my eyes. Beat and raise. Dropped AH due to recent run-up and market‘s expectation of ZM-like results.

Consider adding to my position.

Glancing over them look good to me, think the street was expecting more than 969 new paying customers. However, its run very fast on the back of Zoom(as has Docu)in the last few days so not entirely unexpected. Going to listen to the call soon. Expectations now for certain Companies are at the extreme, anything short of miraculous, gets slaughtered. See PD.

sorry for the double post.

Perspective

CRWD was range-bound for the last 3 months between 90 and 115.

It only exploded out of that in the last 3 trading days - hitting a high of 153ish. That’s a 50% gain in roughly a month. That is extraordinary.

IMHO a pull-back from 150 would be “normal” and “healthy”.

8 Likes

The thing that blows me away is this… I’ve been investing for many years (thanks Charles Schwab!) and ANY company that posted these results in the 1980 or 90 would have been thought to have committed investor fraud or be heralded as having “The Best Quarter In History.” 84% revenue, 76% margins. Times have changed. We are spoiled.

BTW - Great write up caps4GROWTH, Thanks.

20 Likes