Data Centers

I think these are full access since linked from Yahoo…
http://www.investors.com/news/technology/optics-benefit-firs…

Of all the electronics, communications and digitally inspired IBD industry groups, the Telecom-Fiber Optics industry group ranks the highest. It’s No. 6, up from No. 9 a month ago, No. 95 two months ago and No. 168 three months ago.

What’s different from a few months ago?

On March 9, Microsoft Azure Chief Technology Officer Mark Russinovich told the Open Compute Project summit that Microsoft will grow from 22 to 28 data centers in 2016. Azure is Microsoft’s cloud business.

Also, Google announced March 22 that it would add 12 new data center regions globally by the end of 2017, including two in the U.S., nearly doubling its existing 14 regions. And cloud leader Amazon Web Services, a rising business of Amazon.com, will grow from 12 regional clouds to 17 “in the coming year,” CEO Jeff Bezos said April 6 in his annual letter to shareholders.

“Based on our conversations with industry contacts, we think the additional [Amazon] investments are great news for Infinera (INFN), Ciena (CIEN), and to a much lesser extent, Alcatel-Lucent.”

March 24, Infinera was trading near 15 — “way too cheap,” Notter said. He reiterated Infinera’s buy rating with a 22.50 price target. Since then Infinera stock has fallen, after tumbling 2.7% Tuesday to 14.58, 42% off a nine-year high of 25.24 touched Aug. 18

http://www.investors.com/research/the-new-america/cloud-base…

This is mostly about Broadsoft.

7 Likes

Yep DC Reits are performing very well as an investment class right now. I have very light exposure to Keppel DC REIT over here in Singapore but wish I had been in a couple of US based ones in the last year.

I might break the top up rule (Don’t add to a stock again within 60 days of the last purchase) and buy more Infinera shortly if it keeps falling. These recent announcements maybe too late to affect the Q1 results but it should impact their going forwards guidance which is what often drives the stock.

Infinera is probably 1.5% of my US portfolio so I could comfortably increase that exposure concentration.

Ant

1 Like

Pete,

You left out a line. In case there was any doubt about Google as a customer before, this article gives evidence of a very specific application:

He cited the three as Google’s vendors for wavelength division multiplexing (WDM, an optics technology) and Infinera’s Cloud Xpress as Google’s preferred metro data center interconnect (DCI) platform

Best,
–Kevin

3 Likes