Disabling "Rufus" AI bot on Amazon?

Lately, I see the obtrusive “Rufus” AI chat bot popping up in the lower left of my Amazon.com browser windows. I never want to see it again. How can I disable it? Googling has not been helpful. This is what I see all the time now on any product page (the presented questions are product dependent):

Google found a thread on Reddit where there is mention of using Ublock Origin to block it. I know nothing about Ublock Origin.

https://www.reddit.com/r/amazonprime/comments/1ezd7u4/rufus_how_to_disable/

2 Likes

Wow, your google foo is stronger than mine! I actually had the uBlock Origin extension installed in my Chromium based browser (Vivaldi) but didn’t think to try to use it. I also have the Adblock+ extension installed and although it also has the “block element” feature, it wasn’t giving me the option to select any of the Rufus elements. But uBlock Origin does! So, after blocking 4 separate elements using the instructions at your link, Rufus is GONE! Many, many thanks! Hopefully it stays gone.

This AI garbage is wearing mighty thin. I predict a widespread growing public outcry and websites will have to start scaling back the use of it. But now, it is still the shiny new thing that all companies want to get in on.

3 Likes