Economics of adding 87K IRS agents

To be honest, I am just worried the IRS will be nurtured to become what the FBI is as of today’s news.

It is coming, maybe already here…

YR

==========================================

You post is purely political. Please delete it because politics is not allowed on this board.

Jaak

4 Likes

I guess rooster’s political post is not political if he keeps it ambiguous. I was a prosecutor at the start of my career in the early 1980’s. FBI can’t get a search warrant without sufficient evidence to persuade a federal judge.

They are prohibited by law from divulging the contents of that search warrant.

The recipient of said search warrant can reveal the contents of said warrant if they wanted to demonstrate they were victims of a witch hunt.

If instead they complain about a witch hunt with no evidence to support their claim it is because there was ample probable cause for the search warrant.

I wii wait for the evidence to prove me right again.

29 Likes

FBI can’t get a search warrant without sufficient evidence to persuade a federal judge.

I can’t imagine the FBI ever getting a search warrant to go into someone’s house and search through it, maybe in the extreme case of an international mobster.

I can’t imagine the FBI ever getting a search warrant to go into someone’s house and search through it,

Really?

The FBI call themselves a security force. But from my perspective, they aren’t much different from your city’s police force, except they enforce federal laws rather than state or local laws.

As to search warrants, Federal police agencies in total (FBI, DEA, ATF, etc.) get dozens of search warrants every day. I’m sure the FBI gets their fair share of those.

So yes, the FBI gets search warrants to go into peoples’ homes all the time.

–Peter

6 Likes

Look in the want ads for: ‘No Math-Skills required. Ability to Intimidate, Bully and a Knack for Thuggishness Guarantees Advancement.’

From a LA listing…

…A job listing for the position of IRS Criminal Investigation Special Agent stresses that applicants must “carry a firearm and be willing to use deadly force” in order to carry out their duties…

…Applicants for the Special Agent position must also “be willing and able to participate in arrests, execution of search warrants, and other dangerous assignments.”…

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/08/10/irs-job-listin…

It takes a special talent to summarily dismiss a court ordered search warrant that you have not even seen solely because your cult leader has decreed it.

11 Likes

It takes a special talent to summarily dismiss a court ordered search warrant that you have not even seen solely because your cult leader has decreed it.

++++++++++++++++

Don’t you just hate it when you arrive at work, all ready to work and it is the wrong day and wrong work place?

YR

I will paraphrase Reagan, if you have not broken the law you have nothing to worry about with law enforcement.

But this is all about one person when the FBI is mentioned here. He is always breaking the law and should worry when he does not seem to. What a man. Our pretender.

Those backing him have it entirely wrong.

If he is innocent he has nothing to worry about. Remember Reagan? Or have you let yourself be bulled by the nonsense since? Listening to the crazies will get you crazy.

I will paraphrase Reagan, if you have not broken the law you have nothing to worry about with law enforcement

As of January 2020, the Innocence Project has documented over 375 DNA exonerations in the United States. Twenty-one of these exonerees had previously been sentenced to death.

Studies estimate that between 4-6% of people incarcerated in US prisons are actually innocent.

https://innocenceproject.org/donate/

3 Likes

…Studies estimate that between 4-6% of people incarcerated in US prisons are actually innocent…

Although 85% percent of incarcerated people claim to be innocent.
My-my, who to believe.

1 Like

…Studies estimate that between 4-6% of people incarcerated in US prisons are actually innocent…

Although 85% percent of incarcerated people claim to be innocent.
My-my, who to believe.

If you find someone who claims to have a way that a human-operated system can be reliably perfect… that is not the person to believe.

3 Likes

if you have not broken the law you have nothing to worry about with law enforcement…

I wonder how George Floyd or Brianna Taylor feel about that…

Tsimi

1 Like

…A job listing for the position of IRS Criminal Investigation Special Agent stresses that applicants must “carry a firearm and be willing to use deadly force” in order to carry out their duties…

Remind anybody of the movie?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Accountant_(2016_film)

BBC has coverage describing 11 sets of classified documents recovered pursuant to the court ordered search warrant. More to come, I expect.

1 Like

Studies estimate that between 4-6% of people incarcerated in US prisons are actually innocent.

Yes exactly. Let that be a lesson to all of us on not following the words of a simpleton.

I knew that when I paraphrased. He was never my hero.

Some admins will aim the agents in the IRS at poor people who have typos in their returns, that can be documented. Some admins will aim the resources as wealthy people who skip the bill or offshore their monies.

You tell me where the money is wasted?

The claim the prior president, two back now, had done the same thing is totally bogus. Just another lie.

Guess the new IRS agent “requirement” 'to use deadly force' didn’t play well in Peoria (and any other freedom loving district)!

https://www.newsweek.com/irs-deletes-requirement-that-new-ag…

sunray
taxpayer

3 Likes

“Guess the new IRS agent “requirement” ‘to use deadly force’ didn’t play well in Peoria (and any other freedom loving district)!”

Generally, it doesn’t require “deadly force” in enforcing collection against corporations and large businesses. In spite of what some posters here like to go on about with authority, the majority of recouped taxes come from those making under 400,000 a year and may well require that “deadly force”.

More on the subject. After the link are a couple snippets:

https://patriotpost.us/opinion/90500-irs-hiring-spree-is-the…

IRS Hiring Spree Is the Biggest Expansion of the Police State in American History…

…Most law-abiding citizens know they have something to fear from a state agency that doesn’t concern itself with your due process and has no regard for your privacy

…The wealthier you are the more likely it is that you can hire lawyers and accountants to work within the system. There aren’t enough millionaires and billionaires in the world to keep a potential new 87,000 IRS employees busy.

Much more at the link

2 Likes

More on the subject.

More like more partisan bs.

—Peter

2 Likes