Facebook as an investment

Thanks Flygal. Nice analysis which lets you see Facebook point of view. Appreciate it.

Saul

Sorry, I meant to say

Nice analysis which lets you see Facebook from a different point of view.

Saul

Hi - I own stock in Facebook and use it daily to keep tabs on family/ friends that I no longer live near. And as silly as it is, I also use it to see my dog at daycare - I love my Monster :slight_smile: I have no idea how many friends I have on Facebook, but I think I average 15-30 likes per posting - so I’m guessing 250. I don’t see any diminishing number of new posts from friends, so it appears to me that most people are still using it. Since I’m in IT, I have friends from all over the world and I find it fascinating to see such a hodgepodge of different cultures, ideologies, religions, ages, and beliefs intertwined on one screen along with a variety of responses. Some of which, I have NO clue what is being said since the posts aren’t even in English.

However, my teenage boys don’t use it since they see their friends daily at school and prefer playing video games over posting/viewing statuses. On the other hand, my sister has both a Facebook account and an alternate account with a different service. She says Facebook is for family posts and the other account is for posting things she may not want the family viewing.

I’m very interested to see where Facebook takes Oculus - the virtual reality headset. I think this could be an exploding new future growth… when you think of all the possibilities.

warm regards,
LZ

5 Likes

Does anyone on the board invest in or follow Facebook?

Hi Saul,

FB is my second largest position in my IRA, AAPL being the first. I have 7.1% position and although it is techy and socially, I don’t worry about it and expect it to grow with very little tending on my part.

That’s probably not the type of touchy feely recommendation you were looking for but if I am not worried about it then it has to be doing something right since I rarely have such strong conviction. Apple, SBUX, KMI, AMBA, GILD, MKL and BIDU are some of my other large positions but for worrying, FB, AAPL and KMI are at the bottom of my list.

Mykie

1 Like