FMI posts earnings, drops 10%

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180307006061/en/Fou…

Fourth quarter revenue up 70% YoY
Full year 2017 revenue up 31% YoY
clinical tests in Q4 with 57% year-over-year growth;
full year clinical tests with 54% YoY;

The company expects 2018 revenue will be in the range of $200 million to $220 million.
The company expects to deliver between 90,000 and 100,000 clinical tests in 2018.
The company expects operating expenses will be in the range of $250 million to $260 million in 2018.

Looks pretty good at first glance?

3 Likes

Very interesting. I had sold out of my call options for some nice gains a week or so back. My realized net gains from FMI options were almost 4% of my present portfolio value (big thanks to bulwnkl for bringing FMI to the attention of the board). I will start watching this one closely again to possibly re-enter. The possibility of Roche taking FMI private still looms out there (but isn’t the best investment thesis on its own).

1 Like

Going from memory, but the quarter included like 20,000-22,000 tests ordered… next year they were predicting like 90,000 tests ordered for the whole year. That is not much growth in tests ordered since I was expecting a BIG increase due to recent approval for reimbursement (medicaid). That was the one thing that stood out to me when I saw it down after hours and was trying to figure out what in the report spooked folks.

long FMI

1 Like