Funny

This board is all about falling knifes, and now, while it is raining lots and lots of knifes, it is completely silent. I take that as sign the knife catchers here find that a bit too creepy and rather want to wait now until all those knifes are lying on the floor and don’t move any more :slight_smile:

1 Like

it is completely silent. I take that as sign the knife catchers here find that a bit too creepy and rather want to wait now until all those knifes are lying on the floor .

I had the same question…

https://discussion.fool.com/what-is-the-purpose-of-this-board-35…

It hasn’t been completely silent here. A lot of Fool boards just don’t see the traffic that they used to.

I’m not really looking for new positions, but will consider adding to Cisco and Kohl’s if they drop another 10% from current prices. Perhaps Warner Bros/Discovery on a 10% drop. Brk.b around $260 would tempt me to add a little more. Not much else I’m interested in buying more of right now, but things change daily. I’m not 100% invested, but don’t have loads of extra cash sitting around. More focused on a couple of real estate transactions right now, but once our purchase goes through at the end of July and hopefully our sale within a month or so following, we’ll have perhaps some extra funds to invest.

3 Likes

Maybe knife catchers mistimed, lost a finger or two and are now in hospital.

I have hemorrhaged from catching BABA and RH. Following legendary investors doesn’t always work.

5 Likes

now, while it is raining lots and lots of knifes, it is completely silent.

Don’t have much to say, yet. It’s likely to keep raining for a while. So I have a shopping list but waiting until the situation becomes a bit more clear. I don’t have decades to make up for buying too early.

My shopping list includes a number of (mostly obvious) growth names, including some I’d be adding to, e.g.: MSFT, GOOG, NVDA, DDOG, AMZN, ADBE, ADSK, ACN, KMX. Others include MAS, WRBY, BLK.

2 Likes

I take that as sign the knife catchers here find that a bit too creepy and rather want to wait

Nah, we’re too busy out buying nice cutlery to be posting.

Jim

4 Likes

Nah, we’re too busy out buying nice cutlery to be posting.

What makes being early is same as wrong? I don’t know, time will tell.

I guess that was too cryptic. We are still having 7.5% inflation and Fed is talking about 1% rate hike and then there is QT. From no recession to may be short lived recession, we will be out of it in 1 to 2 quarters… the story is evolving. We don’t know what future holds. There are many individual names that are below 2020 Jan level and march 2020 like NFLX, PYPL etc. But the SP500 Index is at least 10% higher than Jan 2020 and more than 35% higher than march 2020 low. So may be some names have seen the low’s for this cycle. May be we get a soul crushing, cleansing, washout bottom and bounce back. Who knows… time will tell. Patience grasshopper, patience.

4 Likes