FY22 Q3

FY 22 Third Quarter Results

Apple’s conference call to discuss third fiscal quarter results and business updates is scheduled for
Thursday, July 28, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. PT / 5:00 p.m. ET.

Nice gain today, see what tomorrow brings…

The past several months, when the Fed has raised rates, the market has gone up only to fall the next day. I imagine AAPL will be caught in that downdraft. AAPL on Friday will be interesting.

Normal pattern has been for AAPL to fall on good news, so… We’ll see…

Well, I missed the call, it was at 1 PM PT, nit 2 PM…

But AAPL up ~+5 after hours… …

Apple Inc. battled through supply pressures to show continued revenue growth in its June quarter, with iPhone sales driving better-than-expected performance despite a surprise drop in Mac sales.

The smartphone giant grew revenue to $83 billion from $81.4 billion in its fiscal third quarter, while analysts surveyed by FactSet had been expecting $82.8 billion. Executives at Apple AAPL, +0.36% warned on the last earnings call that they had expected $4 billion to $8 billion in negative impacts related to supply-chain issues during the June quarter.

“Our June quarter results continued to demonstrate our ability to manage our business effectively despite the challenging operating environment,” Chief Financial Officer Luca Maestri said in a release.

Profit fell, as Apple posted net income of $19.4 billion, or $1.20 a share, compared with $21.7 billion, or $1.30 a share, in the year-earlier period. Analysts tracked by FactSet had been anticipating $1.16 in earnings per share.

Shares were up more than 3% in after-hours trading Thursday.

2 Likes

Aha… Found it…

https://www.apple.com/investor/earnings-call/

2 Likes

Here are Jason Snell’s charts for the quarter.
https://sixcolors.com/post/2022/07/apple-announces-83b-fisca…

4 Likes

Considering what’s going on around the world and considering that they were only 1% down in China, I would call this a remarkable performance and on track. I expect as always some movement either way in the next few weeks but these days I think I only look at how they are doing once a month. My add at 130 this year, looking back, appears to be part luck but more of a believer, and so as not to be a greedy pig, just sold 50% with the AH prices, as have a lengthy food gourmet eating binge trip coming up. Thank you Apple, going to be having a lot of bites.

1 Like

Now there’s a colorful fellow! Charts R Us! All interesting, I know dividends were mentioned, I didn’t take notes, however, but I think they are still holding up…

1 Like