GH NEW 10% Owner

So this is what the excitement was about with GH! Softbank Vision Fund now owns 10% of the company!
http://insideri.com/1755143_000161577419004094_0001615774-19…

8 Likes

So this is what the excitement was about with GH! Softbank Vision Fund now owns 10% of the company!

If I recall correctly, the form you posted was actually a transfer of shares from Softbank’s personal investment portfolio to the Vision Fund. I don’t think any actual shares were bought on the market.

Please correct me if I’m wrong, that’s the conclusion I came to when I first saw that a few days ago.

CloudAtlas

If I recall correctly, the form you posted was actually a transfer of shares from Softbank’s personal investment portfolio to the Vision Fund. I don’t think any actual shares were bought on the market.

Yep, just checked, that’s exactly what happened. If you looked at footnote 2 in the bottom of the form 4/A you posted, it explains it:

2. This filing on Form 4 is being filed as a result of the transfer of 2,033,990 shares of Common Stock of the Issuer from SoftBank Group Capital Limited (“SBGC”) to SoftBank Vision Fund (AIV M1) L.P., on or about March 12, 2019 in a private sale transaction. The transferred shares will remain subject to a lock-up agreement substantially the same as that certain Lock-Up Agreement dated June 28, 2018

That explains why the acquisition prices is just under $10, waaaaaay under even the IPO price. That being said, its still very exciting that the Vision Fund owns 10% of the company. They must really believe in it!

CloudAtlas

3 Likes

Disappointed… I thought Saul was the new 10% owner = (

7 Likes

Hi gclever, Softbank has long been a larger stockholder in Gardant. They just bought a little more in one of their funds, which is a good sign, as Softbank is a smart company:

Through multiple entities, Softbank owns about 33% of Guardant and also partners with it through a joint venture (“Guardant Health AMEA”) to sell its products internationally.

Saul

8 Likes

Thanks for the heads up Saul. I didn’t know that Guardant was so well connected. I remember when Softbank bought a big stake in Nvidia in their Vision Fund with similar excitement. But the fact that Softbank owns 33% in various funds speaks volumes to the future possibilities. Thanks again.