God Save the King!

There are numerous studies that prove that there is a much lower crime rate by immigrants, both legal and illegal, than by native born Americans.

According to the CATO institute (which claims to be libertarian and 1 of the 3 founders is Charles Koch):

Since Texas is the only state that records and keeps the immigration statuses of those arrested, we can’t make a direct apples-?to-?apples comparison between Texas and other states (every state should record and keep this information so we can answer this important question).

Anyway, in Texas:

In 2018, the illegal immigrant criminal conviction rate was 782 per 100,000 illegal immigrants, 535 per 100,000 legal immigrants, and 1,422 per 100,000 native-?born Americans.

So the assertion doesn’t appear to be accurate in the Lone Star state.

AW

https://www.cato.org/blog/new-research-illegal-immigration-c…

1 Like

This whole thread needs to be deleted.

2 Likes

I think you guys are just generally confused.

It’s more than that, though… the entire political spectrum in America is heavily right-shifted compared to that of Europe.

2 Likes

“Favorite Vacation Spots: Philmont Scout Ranch”

Kudos

2 Likes

not sure a conservative in US knows what that means in the UK. And not sure a conservative in the UK knows what that means in the US. I think you guys are just generally confused.

Don’t know what the other “guys” think, but for me, I meant she was a conservative.

Queen Elizabeth was a Conservative.

Make of it what you will.

1 Like

“Favorite Vacation Spots: Philmont Scout Ranch”

True story:

I went on a trip with my Boy Scout troop to Philmont when I was 13.

We were crossing a dried out river bed the wilds of Philmont looking for a campsite. It was my turn to lead the mule carrying the tents. Boom! Thunder storm, the heaviest rainfall I’ve ever experienced, and Bam! I was caught in a flash flood.

I held on to that jackass for dear life and it got me across the deluge.

I like to think it was a professional courtesy.

:o

AW

2 Likes

Queen Elizabeth was a Conservative

Whether or not she was, the Royal Family doesn’t vote…so it’s a moot point.

According to the CATO institute (which claims to be libertarian and 1 of the 3 founders is Charles Koch):

Koch also supports a number of libertarian think tanks, including the Institute for Humane Studies, the Ayn Rand Institute,[13] and the Mercatus Center at George Mason University.

He also contributes to the Republican Party and candidates, libertarian groups, and various charitable and cultural institutions.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Koch

Sounds like an OK guy to me:-)

Desert (I’d say more, but this thread is already getting too political.) Dave

Queen Elizabeth was a Conservative

Whether or not she was, the Royal Family doesn’t vote…so it’s a moot point.

Tru dat!

But, IIRC, she (and the Royal Family) are what we on this side of the pond would call ‘Influencers’.

BTW English and US ideas of what “conservative” means are an ocean apart.

And now, to get us back to METAR business:

https://www.bing.com/search?q=us+dollar+to+english+pound&…

1 Like

Desert (I’d say more, but this thread is already getting too political.) Dave

I disagree. I think it started out too political.

1 Like

True story:

I held on to that jackass for dear life and it got me across the deluge.

AW

Oh yes I believe you…I’ve heard some scary and funny stories relating to Philmont,
one scary story from my son.

Both sons went to Philmont with their BS Troop and both felled in love with the wilderness experience.
They applied for and were hired to work at Philmont during the summer months when off from school.
Both sons were Eagle Scouts and Order Of The Arrow.
DH was a Scout Master and I was a CubScout den mother for three years.
One son as an adult returned to Philmont several times over the years to go back packing and of course to ‘The Tooth of Time’.

I credit the Scouting experience helping to keep my boys on the straight and narrow.

Okay, done bragging ??

2 Likes

True Philmont story:

When I went there, I traded some Order of the Arrow patches for a rare one (where only one was given to each scout). A few days later, one of the older wranglers conned me into trading it for a never-worn “genuine” Philmont Commissary Staff pocket arrowhead patch which he said was exceedingly rare as it was only issued during one year - and then only to the handful working there. Afterwards, another employee told me that was BS and it was an “unofficial” patch someone had made.

I kept it, but it was always an irritation each time I came across it. Fast forward to decades later and I decided to sell some of my patches on E-Bay and it sold for a bit over $700. I guess the joke was on the guy who conned me into accepting it.

I’d rather be lucky than smart.

Jeff

2 Likes

Eagle, Bronze palm, Pro Deo et Patria, Brotherhood Order of the Arrow, Lodge secretary for national Order of the Arrow conference, Junior Assistant Scoutmaster, Explorer Post Leader … etc. here.

My treasure … other than my issues with the modern Scouting organization is my Eagle badge. Way back in the beginning a fellow earned Eagle and later became a Scoutmaster. He then gave his Eagle badge to the first Eagle in his troop. Repeat 5 times. And then I was the recipient. Story is that this is the 3rd Eagle badge ever awarded.

2 Likes

If you want to prove the point, then post the original data from the federal or state sources, not from a hatchet shop.

Alrighty, I pulled up the DoJ report that the Heritage article references.

Keep in mind, being an illegal alien is a Federal offense, in itself.

Breaking down percentages of citizens and illegals by percent of each population prosecuted for each classification of crime, for 2018:

Violence: citizens: 6.3%, illegals: 0.3%

Property crime: citizens: 17.4%. illegals: 3.2%

Drug: citizens: 38.0%, illegals: 8.6%

Weapons: citizens: 17.9%, illegals: 0.8%

Public order: citizens: 14.1%, illegals: 1.2%

Immigration: citizens: 6.3%. illegals: 85.9%

The data is in Table 3 on page 6 of the report.

Non-U.S. Citizens in the Federal
Criminal Justice System, 1998–2018

https://bjs.ojp.gov/content/pub/pdf/ncfcjs9818.pdf

More data: total number of people prosecuted at the Federal level: citizens: 42,686, illegals 37,939. Take out the number of illegals prosecuted for an immigration beef, and the rates for other crimes are far below that of citizens.

Maybe we should deport the citizens and keep the illegals?
/sarcasm

Steve

33 Likes