God Save the King!

The Queen is Dead.

The Queen dies ‘peacefully’ aged 96 after 70 years of remarkable service leaving Britain and the world in mourning.

THE Queen has died peacefully aged 96 - marking an end to her historic reign and sparking an outpouring of grief around the world.

In a sombre statement, Buckingham Palace today confirmed Her Majesty Elizabeth II, the longest-serving monarch in British history, had passed away - making her son, Charles, King.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/6178587/queen-elizabeth-dead-ne…

1 Like

You have no recommendations left for today. (explain this)

I take it then Queen Elizabeth was a Conservative. Par for the course.

Tru dat!

2 Likes

Have they no shame? Woke liberals ……

Tirhakah Love, senior newsletter writer for New York Magazine since December …

University of Michigan professor Ebony Elizabeth Thomas …

Lyndsey Boylan, unsuccessful candidate for Manhattan Borough President …

I think this might have been a little relevant if, say, more than 300 Americans ever heard of these people before today.

But, at least to the best of my knowledge, none of these people were armed insurrectionists who stormed Buckingham Palace screaming to hang Prince Charles and reinstall George VI as king due to false charges of a fake royal family line of succession.

AW

29 Likes

I think this might’ve been a little more relevant if, say, more than 300 Americans ever heard of these people before today

Well, it was the Daily Mail. Once again living down to its reputation of newsprint fit for lining the bottom of a bird cage and not much more.

10 Likes

But, at least to the best of my knowledge, none of these people were armed insurrectionists who stormed Buckingham Palace screaming to hang Prince Charles and reinstall George VI as king due to false charges of a fake royal family line of succession.

AW

You don’t see though unvetted illegal aliens numbering in the millions including known terrorist, rapists and other criminal types bringing with them drugs, disease etc. crossing the English Channel into England, do you?

12 Likes

Conflicting claims of royal succession are often the cause of civil wars.

The Anarchy was a civil war in England and Normandy between 1138 and 1153, which resulted in a widespread breakdown in law and order. The conflict was a war of succession precipitated by the accidental death of William Adelin, the only legitimate son of King Henry I,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Anarchy

The Wars of the Roses, known at the time and for more than a century after as the Civil Wars, were a series of civil wars fought over control of the English throne in the mid-to-late fifteenth century, fought between supporters of two rival cadet branches of the royal House of Plantagenet: Lancaster and York.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wars_of_the_Roses

The Hundred Years’ War (French: La guerre de Cent Ans; Picard: Dgère d’Un Chint Ans; 1337–1453) was a series of armed conflicts between the kingdoms of England and France during the Late Middle Ages. It originated from disputed claims to the French throne between the English royal House of Plantagenet and the French royal House of Valois.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundred_Years%27_War

Steve

1 Like

Here’s a headline for the Daily Mail.

"73 year old man finally gets job.

3 Likes

Here’s a headline for the Daily Mail.

"73 year old man finally gets job.

It crossed my mind, some time ago, that Liz should have retired 10 or 20 years ago and let Charles sit in the big chair.

Beatrix retired in 2013, age 75, and handed the reins to her son. She is alive and well today, age 84.

Beatrix who? Queen of the Netherlands. The Dutch royals, like those in several other countries, quietly go about their business, without the Shinyland media slobbering over them.

In a broadcast on national media on 28 January 2013, Beatrix announced her intention to abdicate on 30 April (Queen’s Day), when she would have been on the throne for exactly 33 years. Beatrix stated that it was time to “place the responsibility for the country in the hands of a new generation.”[27] Her heir apparent was her eldest son, Prince Willem-Alexander.[28] She was the third successive Dutch monarch to abdicate, following her grandmother and her mother

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beatrix_of_the_Netherlands#Abd…

Steve

1 Like

It crossed my mind, some time
ago, that Liz should have retired 10 or 20 years ago and let Charles sit in the big chair

She would probably have agreed with you…but for having to let Charles sit in the big chair.

3 Likes

You don’t see though unvetted illegal aliens numbering in the millions…crossing the English Channel into England, do you?

I bet regular readers of the Daily Mail do

4 Likes

Good thing Charles is a boomer. Brought up with a moral code & ethics.
Can you imagine what a Beavis&Butthead or a SpongeBob generation king would be like?

1 Like

Good thing Charles is a boomer. Brought up with a moral code & ethics.

Are you trolling?

Are you talking about Charles, the guy who cheated on his wife with another man’s wife for decades? The guy who sold knighthoods? That Charles?

I wouldn’t trust that guy to be the town dog catcher.

4 Likes

Are you talking about Charles,
the guy who cheated on his wife…

Yeah…plenty of historical revisionism floating around about him. Any impression created right now is the result of image restoration that’s gone on for decades. He’s just over 4 years older than I am and I remember presentation of his antics in the less reverent of the magazines around from the late 1960s onwards. His philandering with various married socialites (not just Parker-Bowles) was quite an open secret.

Like a good many ex-pats, for a while after we came to the US we had subscriptions to a lot of the periodicals we liked reading before our move. I just did a Google to see if I could find an example. This is the best I can do…

https://www.private-eye.co.uk/covers/Prince_Charles

I’ll be able to catch up with the current events next week when we take a trip back …I’ll even be able to digest (or vomit on) actual printed copies of the Daily Mail as my BIL and his wife take it. And they don’t even have a parrot!!

4 Likes

There are numerous studies that prove that there is a much lower crime rate by immigrants, both legal and illegal, than by native born Americans.

LM’s post is not just dishonest and misleading.

It is hate speech.

You, and all who rec’ed your post, should be ashamed. If you were capable of being ashamed.

19 Likes

There are numerous studies that prove that there is a much lower crime rate by immigrants, both legal and illegal, than by native born Americans.

LM’s post is not just dishonest and misleading.

It is hate speech.

You, and all who rec’ed your post, should be ashamed. If you were capable of being ashamed.

Stretch :person_gesturing_ok:??? yawn, :yawning_face: and on my merry way…:wave:

8 Likes

I take it then Queen Elizabeth was a Conservative. Par for the course.

Tru dat!

not sure a conservative in US knows what that means in the UK. And not sure a conservative in the UK knows what that means in the US. I think you guys are just generally confused.

In the UK the conservatives have long been environmentalists, supported abortion, and supported in full socialized medicine while only moderating the budget. I am not talking every single conservative but those are the planks of the party....if the UK has what we call planks.
1 Like

No but the problem is they are all really Deutsche.

That and inbred.

I come from a long line of peasants on both sides.

Links?

2 Likes

snip
“Federal Report Shows Open Borders Bring Increased Crimes and Costs for Taxpayers
Almost half of all of the criminals prosecuted in federal courts in 2018 were aliens, charged with crimes ranging from drug trafficking to murder to kidnapping

These federal numbers are only a fraction of the crimes committed by criminal aliens.”

snip
“According to a new report from the U.S. Justice Department, almost half of all of the criminals prosecuted in federal courts in 2018 were aliens, charged with crimes ranging from drug trafficking to murder to kidnapping. While a small number of those over 41,000 criminals were in this country legally, the vast majority—38,000—were illegal aliens. Compare this to 1998, when there were only a little over 18,000 aliens prosecuted in federal courts”

https://www.heritage.org/immigration/commentary/federal-repo…

4 Likes

Aw come on LM, the Heritage Foundation who you quoted is a conservative think tank (https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Heritage_Foundation), not a respected news source. If you want to prove the point, then post the original data from the federal or state sources, not from a hatchet shop.

The statement should be based on the original facts, not a political lobbyist’s re-hash. You are apparently new to METaR, so you might not be aware that politics are forbidden here.

Jeff

13 Likes