Half the Police Force Quit. Crime Dropped

Because they’re used to a lower crime environment?

DB2

Because they have their identity wrapped up in how much loot they have?

Steve

1 Like

Can I ask a question? Why is washing the car “more than necessary” an invitation to crime? If I’m reading that correctly.

My dirty cars always successfully signified “cheap dude with nothing worth nothing inside”. One night parked in a bad neighborhood (across from where my hot date lived) he and I even sat and watched the 3AM burglary surveyors checking to see if cars were locked and etc, but they did not even try the doors of my hideous old Pontiac.

Rich people very very often want status, and they see status as connected to their gorgeous jewels and cars and arm candy…

My cop nephew, who adores cars, agrees with me 100%.

I did have one area of intense vanity, and that was my motorcycles. I favored big Japanese 4 cylinders in bright canary yellow and black, with tons of highly polished chrome, and no inside to break into. So pretty that fancy nightclubs and discos almost always asked me to park right at the front door. Vain vain vain.

david fb

david fb

2 Likes

Covid, the aftermath of crime…post the aftermath now the stats compared to 2021 and 2022 are dropping.

People are getting jobs post Covid.

While it is always wise to be aware of one’s surroundings, this also has a whiff of blame the woman for being raped.

DB2

I cannot argue with that except to point out that due to its sulphur, a hard boiled egg has a “whiff of” the fires of hell.

david fb

2 Likes

“Except white collar crime” This is so funny, white collar crime never, except in rare instances, get charged. Anyone at ENRON get charged for manipulating the power grid? no. What did they get in trouble for? lying to investors. When billionaires and hedge funds lose billions of dollars, then you might get in trouble. Imagine if a group from the Middle East manipulated the power grid. The United States would go on a $800bil warpath.
How about the nation’s largest healthcare fraud, Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). Ultimately we’ll never know how much was fraudulently billed to Medicare, but we know it was in the billions. The CEO Rick Scott get a conviction? Hell no. Rick Scott gave a deposition to avoid jail, in it he plead the 5th 75 times. Indictment? He walked away from the fraud case with a $200mil bonus. Jay Jarrell and Robert Whiteside were convicted and sentenced to prison which was later overturned by the United States Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit in Atlanta. The convictions were taken off their record and they never served a day. Rick Scott? He has since been Gov. of Florida, and a Senator. Senator Rick Scott actually serves on the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs where it is his job to oversee Medicare fraud.
If a Man of Color stole a TV from a hospital in the Minneapolis suburb of Golden Valley he’d probably got to jail from 16 month.
There is no such thing as white collar crime, there is only white collar “No Collar”

6 Likes