Happy Thanksgiving

Just wanted to say thanks to Saul and all the other insightful posters on this board. It has truly made me a more keen investor with a long ways to go still. I’m very grateful to be a part of this community.

Take care,
A.J.

13 Likes

Roger that AJ.
Happy Thanksgiving all you USofAers*. Hope you’re having fun with family**, enjoying a turkey*** and you’ve got your game passes and craft beer ready and waiting to watch Washington beat Dallas****.
Ant

• and anyone else who feels like celebrating
    ** and/or friends
    *** or mock Turkey if you’re vegetarian
    **** replace or rotate with whatever franchise, sport or entertainment of your preference
5 Likes

got the Craft beer, plenty of wine and going to have deep fried turkeys

Also, my brother has a huge golden retrieve that somehow thinks she is a lap dog.

1 Like

Roger that AJ.
Happy Thanksgiving all you USofAers*. Hope you’re having fun with family**, enjoying a turkey*** and you’ve got your game passes and craft beer ready and waiting to watch Washington beat Dallas****.
Ant

Funny post Ant.

As a Cowboy fan, I take a bit of umbrage with the last part, but won’t dwell on that.

I realize this isn’t a social board, but today is a holiday with not many people on the boards likely. Given some of the bitterness around here lately with OT topics, just thought it would be nice to have an OT “Happy” thread.

So again, thanks to you all.

Feeling good about all the prep for today’s meal I did yesterday. Going to be a good Turkey Day Dinner!

3 Likes

I for one thank you Phoolio for a happy thread.
I live out in the country on a little rancheria with my horses and chickens and other assorted animals. I have the privilege and pleasure of raising most of the food that I will celebrate with today.
Getting old causes a lot of introspection, and I am thankful today that I had a high school teacher that taught a class called “business economics”, and as an assignment for the year we had to construct a fake portfolio the third or fourth week and watch it all year and see who in the class made the most money. I finished in the middle of the pack but it started me thinking about investing. One year out of high school working on a large ranch, then four years in the military as the Vietnam thing wound down, then four years of college and I was finally able to begin to invest. I have stumbled and fumbled my way along, and retired in 2005 and now live off a small retirement check, my SS, and my investments. The Fool has provided a great deal of guidance over the last 12 years and I am thankful for that.
The Fool always spreads a message of hope, and I think that is so important. So thanks again.
Mike

12 Likes

Mike,

Just had to jump in after reading your post to say Thank you for your service! And while I’m at it, thank you to everyone on this board who has served our country, and Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Enjoy your day, your families, your friends.

Foolishly,
Tony

2 Likes

Good game mate. America’s team are looking really good, they played a smart game and deserved to win. Congratulations.
Ant

ahh, self proclaimed, they don’t represent me

America’s team