Has Bert gone pro?

Not sure whatever anyone else is experiencing but…

Most of Bert’s articles now appear to be locked and only available to pro subscribers of SA.
e.g.
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4135324-pure-storage-respec…

Although others I seem to be able to still access…
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4141876-pegasystems-getting…

I don’t recall having a paywall for Bert’s back catalogue of articles but could be wrong. Maybe there is a expiry date on new articles after which once must be a pro subscriber.

Anyone else notice a change in this?

Ant

1 Like

Anyone else notice a change in this?

Ant

What I noticed is that the owners are trying to squeeze more money out of SA.

Denny Schlesinger

SA has decided to lock most articles after 10 days for free subscribers. They have a different levels of subscriptions now if you want to go have the same access we all enjoyed prior.

SA stated that its because they don’t want to try and live on Ad’s alone.

It doesn’t look like they have locked down the mobile app yet. I can still see the article from Bert that Ant posted.

Brian

2 Likes

It doesn’t look like they have locked down the mobile app yet. I can still see the article from Bert that Ant posted.

I’m wondering if SA may keep that open as they can supply ads on their app and they won’t get blocked?

I think with so many ad blockers for browsers, they are unable to gather as much revenue. SA is offering a good strategy though. I cannot blame them for wanting to make money.

1 Like

I don’t recall having a paywall for Bert’s back catalogue of articles but could be wrong. Maybe there is a expiry date on new articles after which once must be a pro subscriber.

Hi Ant,

It’s a new Seeking Alpha policy:

Seeking Alpha articles take hard work and money to produce. We don’t want to rely on advertising alone, and aspire to expand our coverage of stocks which are less popular and generate fewer advertising opportunities. Over 93% of Seeking Alpha usage remains free, including articles on your portfolio and by theme. Access to articles ten days after publication now requires a PRO subscription. This will allow us to invest in our product and reward our contributors.

3 Likes

including articles on your portfolio and by theme.

So just update your portfolio as needed?

1 Like

Thanks Saul - I didn’t get the memo but got it now.

Hi Puddinhead42 - yeh actually having stocks tagged in your portfolio doesn’t unlock the articles - trust me Pure Storage and Nutanix are definitely in my portfolio! :wink:

Ant

1 Like