If Governors skip mandates....

NYT

snippet

The Treasury Dept. warned Arizona that it could claw back pandemic aid if the state doesn’t stop ?undercutting school mask requirements.

There really is a governor's decision to forego monies regardless of which federal agency gets snubbed.
1 Like

Such decisions by governors seem to be based on demagoguery not reality.

The decisions taken as a group are based on ignorance.

Make of that what you will. It is a non political position.

I do not want bad decisions made in my business. I do not want bad decisions made on my dime.

1 Like

Here in Texas the schools are getting into bad shape. Something like 98 school districts are going into short duration closures due to lack of staffing because of COVID illnesses. Bus routes have been disrupted for a few weeks now. Cafeterias have been impacted. Austin and Hays ISD’s are now raising the pay for substitute teachers in a desperate bid to stay open. If I didn’t have a daughter in school I wouldn’t be this fracking pissed about our governor.

3 Likes

As far a I know from suburbia in the New England where I am, there have been no disruptions. I am not hearing of inner city disruptions either. Our kids are in masks and often vaccinated. I assume there is reasonable social distancing.

Anecdotally the teachers were not happy to go back to work.

There are some discussions that children spread the disease less then adults. I doubt that, but if there is some truth to that it helps account for the lower transference of the disease in our schools.

‘I do not want bad decisions made in my business. I do not want bad decisions made on my dime’

And so you will do what?
Same as everyone else - nothing. The system is broken…

Here in Texas the schools are getting into bad shape. Something like 98 school districts are going into short duration closures due to lack of staffing because of COVID illnesses. Bus routes have been disrupted for a few weeks now… If I didn’t have a daughter in school I wouldn’t be this fracking pissed about our governor.

Same sort of things being reported here in Oregon with its very different approach to Covid. Might not have anything to do with the governor.

–fleg

2 Likes

Same sort of things being reported here in Oregon with its very different approach to Covid. Might not have anything to do with the governor.

–fleg

I agree with this because of the nature of the virus variant. Omicron is too contagious to ward off.

The thread though is on the treasuries ability to claw back monies.

1 Like