In-Person Annual Meeting

The Berkshire Hathaway Annual Shareholders Meeting will be held on Saturday, April 30, 2022. At this time, we are planning for an in-person meeting. In addition, as has been done for the past several years, the meeting will again be webcast. Additional information about the meeting will be included in Berkshire’s 2021 Annual Report which is scheduled to be posted on the Internet on Saturday morning, February 26, 2022. If there are additional updates regarding the meeting, they will be posted on Berkshire’s website at www.berkshirehathaway.com.

https://www.berkshirehathaway.com/news/jan2522.pdf

4 Likes

I wonder if they know where?

I wonder if they know where?

Almost certainly Omaha if it happens. The event is important for the local economy and this is something Buffett is very conscious of.

2 Likes

It would be nice to have this confirmed. I’m planning to attend and would like to book flight and hotel asap. Other years I had everything booked in January.

I’m planning to attend and would like to book flight and hotel asap.

Consider finding out what the policy is for cancellations. I fly Delta almost exclusively, and if you cancel you get full credit toward a future flight. Most hotels have liberal cancel/refund policies these days, too.

1 Like

<>

Borsheims has one location and many AGM events are centered around the
little mall that it is in. Many shareholders still stay at the Regency
Circle Marriott Hotel which is a short walk from Borsheims.

NFM now has multiple locations but always sets sales records during
AGM weekend.

By the way all of you Texas posters how does NFM Dallas seem to be doing?

The only way I see it not being in Omaha is if Munger for health reasons
wants to stay in California.

1 Like

“ It would be nice to have this confirmed. I’m planning to attend and would like to book flight and hotel asap. Other years I had everything booked in January.”

I feel it will be in Omaha for sure since it is in-person, Warren’s strong preference and it is where the live meetings have always been. I had already booked hotel weeks ago. Booked Delta air today (refundable). Cannot wait- Been 3 long years for this pilgrimage to see the Masters live and see 40,000 strong.

1 Like

If this pans out, good luck finding a flight, a hotel room, rental car, and even elbow room. Given all the pent-up demand, expect unprecedented crowds.

The same will apply for going to Disney World, Disneyland, Las Vegas, Rome, Paris, London, the Great Wall, Wisconsin Dells, Indiana Beach, and other popular tourist destinations.

Even if you don’t travel (and thus don’t need a flight, hotel room, and rental car), expect every restaurant, museum, amusement park, mall, and other local destination to be crammed full of people. If you thought that the roller coasters at Six Flags amusement parks had long lines in the past, you haven’t seen anything yet.

Been there, done that 10+ times. It has gotten old (all the craziness with hotels, crowds, long lines, etc). I just love watching it comfortably from my living room on Yahoo in CA. I have been streaming since 2017 and don’t miss attending in person at all. Honestly in person attendance has become a chore for me.

10 Likes

Will the webcast meeting be recorded for later viewing?

AM has been recorded and available later on Youtube.

1 Like

Berkshire posted an update today about the meeting location (my bolded emphasis):

Earlier this week, we issued a press release announcing that the Berkshire Hathaway Annual Shareholders Meeting to be held on April 30, 2022 will be an in-person meeting. Since that time, we have received many questions about the location of the meeting. We now realize that we made an error in our earlier press release in not being clearer with respect to what we had taken for granted. We would never consider holding our shareholder meeting anyplace other than Omaha. We could not have a better venue than the CHI Health Center or a better city than Omaha for hosting our event.

https://www.berkshirehathaway.com/news/jan2722.pdf

As for the the recording of the 2021 meeting, Yahoo! aired it live last year, and it’s still at the same link:

https://finance.yahoo.com/brklivestream

You can also watch last year’s meeting and all of the annual meetings going back to 1994 at CNBC’s Buffett Archive, a treasure trove if there ever was one:

https://buffett.cnbc.com/annual-meetings/

8 Likes

It’s been a while (10 years?) and I plan to attend this one.

Trying to convince my son, 28 years old former BNSF employee and current BRK/B shareholder through BNSF 401(k), to attend all expenses paid by me. Told him he might even inherit a few shares of he’s lucky.

So far, no luck. He’s recently married and would rather spend two nights with his beautiful bride in Texas than two nights with his grizzled old man at the Hampton Inn in Omaha. Guess I can’t blame him.

With Warren at 91 and Charlie at 98 who knows how many opportunities we’ll have to see and hear them live in the future?

These two gentleman have contributed so much to my financial education, and net worth, I feel obligated to go to one last time and pay homage.

Even if the Q&A is a repeat of previous years, I want to hear their voices of wisdom in person one last time. Hoping it will be interesting given current market conditions.

Fact: These two guys won’t be around much longer.

5 Likes

“ With Warren at 91 and Charlie at 98 who knows how many opportunities we’ll have to see and hear them live in the future?

These two gentleman have contributed so much to my financial education, and net worth, I feel obligated to go to one last time and pay homage.”

AMEN! I have an 8 and 10 year old son who also see these men as heroes and their effect on their Pops and a couple special framed notes from WEB in my office. They would Love to attend the meeting but they are young I want a bit more flexibility this year in Omaha. If they were teens, you betcha they would be my side all weekend. Of course, they have been brainwashed with the duo’s teachings and wisdom on investing but more so on life from an early age. One of WEB’s most meaningful reminders to me is his quote:

"Unconditional love is the most powerful force in the universe. I got unconditional love from my parents…“

3 Likes