IOS 17 update comes out today!

It was a security patch, and the same fix was applied to the previous release. Security problems are different, and don’t fix other sorts of bugs or shortcomings. So this is not a matter of problems or gaps with the new stuff, but holes that were there already being closed.

2 Likes

More info, just in case…

1 Like

Cant remember how old my watch is, but it says Version 9.6.2(20U90). Is that the reason I can’t seem to update the latest sofware? States 10.0.1 ready to update but nothing happens and not seeing the usual “getting ready to install" message?

9.6.2 is the OS. The watch model is under Settings/General /About/Model on the watch, probably somewhere similar on the phone app. Mine says A1978 and then an Apple website says that means 44mm Series 4. Another Apple website says the latest OS, watchOS10.0.1 runs on Series 4 and later, the same thing it says about watchOS 9.6.2. So if you are running 9.6.2 you can run 10.0.1. But yet another Apple website says that you need an iPhone X or later and iOS17.

And now iOS 17.0.2 is available to all, not just 15’s…

Duh!!! Thx. I didn’t go into the settings on the watch itself, just tried from my phone app, which is a 12 and now downloading.

Here’s the fix for heat issues…

2 Likes

Thanks for the news. I’m in no hurry. I just chose to install 16.7.2 on my 14 Pro Max. Maybe I’ll go with 17.1.1 when it happens.

1 Like

And here comes another update!

iOS & MacOS updated in a few minutes…

2 Likes

Not yet, but it’s in the mill…

And CarPlay 2.0

And here it is today…

Yeah, sure, by all means give us encryption with “quantum protections” but I’d like to see some software fixes first! :grin:

1 Like

And…

Sonoma OS 14.4 is now available

More:

Safari 17.4 for macOS Ventura & Monterey
About the security content of Safari 17.4 lists 6 CVEs fixed.
(Safari updates sometimes break 3rd party extensions. Check with the provider for updates).
There’s also an article on WebKit Features in Safari 17.4.
Check feedback in Apple’s Safari forum, macOS Ventura & macOS Monterey forums.)
macOS Sonoma 14.4 Update
Security fixes in macOS Sonoma 14.4 lists 68 CVEs, 2 that
“Apple is aware of a report that this issue may have been exploited.”
Info from what’s new in the updates for macOS Sonoma for version 14.4:.

"macOS Sonoma 14.4 introduces new emoji as well as other features, bug fixes, and security updates for your Mac.

This update also includes the following improvements and bug fixes:

• Podcasts Episode text can be read in full, searched for a word or phrase, clicked to play from a specific point and used with accessibility features such as Text Size, Increase Contrast, and VoiceOver.

• Business Updates in Messages for Business let you get updates that you’ve opted into, like order status, flight notifications, fraud alerts or other transactions from trusted businesses.

• Safari Favorites Bar adds an option to show only icons for websites."
    And info on what’s new for enterprise in macOS Sonoma for version 14.4:

• MDM can now enforce FileVault for standard users at Setup Assistant.
  • MDM can now report on the battery health of Mac computers with Apple silicon.
  • Users are no longer prompted a second time for certificate trust after joining an 802.1X network during Setup Assistant.
  • Installing a software update declaration now overwrites previously installed declarations for the same OS version.
  • Registration for Platform SSO is now performed without user interaction after creating a new user at login.
  • Resolved an issue where installation of device-assigned apps may not use an available content caching service.
  • Values set in sysctl.conf are correctly applied for Mac computers with Apple silicon.
  • Resolved an issue where viewing a shared screen from Apple Remote Desktop failed.

(You can check feedback in Apple’s macOS Sonoma discussion forum.)

2 Likes

**And don’t forget tvOS 17.4! - Also WatchOS 10.4, I almost missed it! **

And here’s the awaited iOS 17.4.1 Update…

Done… Had to bail on a Sync, but then it just went right in, as usual…

A slight point update… Not sure it’s worth the trouble, but…

I take a slight point update very seriously. A new version with a round number like 17.4 was a significant change. Significant changes offer more opportunities for bugs to creep in. That .1 suffix to 17.4.1 is their first chance to address what they got wrong. Sometimes I wait until there is a .1 before I go for the update at all. If it is a first number that is incrementing I always wait for the .1 that follows.

This one is the same 17.4.1, but a one number higher build, so I did it, per the article’s directions, using the Finder, so, maybe just a typo somewhere they wanted to fix, no way to know, so far…

1 Like

This one’s seriously messed up my 14’s battery life.
I used to be able to start its night recharge at 50%+
After this update, it’s down to 40% by the afternoon :frowning: