Just saying... Tech excess valuation may be closer to end

The tech valuations have came down so far… now there are many good stock at cheap valuations. What are some of your favorite tech names? NO APPLE, GOOGLE, MSFT, META, BABA.

1 Like

I owned Ansys a long time ago and sold too early. Not exactly cheap, but it never really is. I just might pick up a little and see what happens.

2 Likes

QQQE

Following Jim’s advice, just purchasing a large chunk and planning to sit on it for a decade or so.

5 Likes

Interesting. What are some of the risks this company is facing?

1 Like

I don’t know about “tech” but I do know GOOGL is no brainer. Pls refer to WEB and CTM past comments on COMPANY and now the valuation is right.

1 Like

Reuters) - One of Warren Buffett’s and Charlie Munger’s biggest regrets was not buying shares of Google owner Alphabet Inc.

“I don’t mind not having caught Amazon early,” Munger said. “The guy (Jeff Bezos) is kind of a miracle worker, it’s very peculiar. … But I feel like a horse’s a#$ for not identifying Google earlier … We screwed up.”

Buffett and Munger were asked if Berkshire Hathaway’s investing philosophy had changed given that one of Berkshire’s portfolio managers recently bought shares of Amazon.comInc.

Todd Combs and Ted Weschler manage roughly $26 billion of Berkshire’s investments.

Munger said he and Buffett saw how great search engine optimization was used in its Berkshire-owned GEICO and “we just sat there sucking our thumbs.”

3 Likes

“Google has a huge
new moat. In fact
I’ve probably never
seen such a wide
moat. Their moat is
filled with sharks.”
-=- Charlie Munger,

1 Like

Google search is a per-se monopoly. Add in YouTube and the ad placement network and you have two, maybe three monopolies. At some point, and I likely expect it to come from Europe rather than here since they still seem to care about such things, I would put “regulatory risk” on the “Google is a no-brainer” pile.

4 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

I’m curious, how were you kicked off the old board?
Looked to me like you just stopped posting.

1 Like

aha, you were kicked out!!! That too for talking about energy?! interesting. There were significant discussion on OXY.

Chompinchuck, I used to think you were above making a joke about someone who was assaulted with a hammer. Did I misunderstand your comment?

9 Likes

I haven’t looked at ANSS in detail for a long time and my analysis probably wouldn’t be worth much. So, you’ll have to dig for yourself. Risks for ANSS: Is earnings/revenue growth of around 15% (maybe) worth a 41 p/e and will they face more competition which will stunt growth?