Let's broach the subject of Saul's board

8 posts were split to a new topic: Unthreaded Not an Option

I was just thinking; now that they limited who can post on Saul’s board, do they have a need for “Monday morning rules of the board” post anymore?

Razz

4 Likes

Those are valid points on what is different. Maybe they will have a wish list and make more additions to the new format.

I bet you are also missing that big green :star:

Razz

There was a fair amount of stink raised on the old boards. The response was that it was too much effort to migrate all of the old posts.

Question raised:

will the currently active public boards still retain access to ALL old messages permanently/indefinitely?

Response given:

the currently active boards will have posts from this year migrated to the new platform

And then we show up here and all of Saul’s posts were migrated. I guess it really wasn’t too much effort.

Unfortunately, it is the nature of investigative questioning to be somewhat insinuating from some points of view. When you’re trying to find out what happened, you have to ask some difficult questions. If TMF wishes to clear the air, they are more than welcome to answer the questions I have raised.

–Peter

5 Likes

aj,
You are the only poster I click on in the “Retirement Investing” and "“Tax Strategies” forums.

Those forums will have threads going up and past 100 count. Adnauseam day after day with every Tom Dick and Harry babble ng away. One liners or 50 pound groners.

Hmm, forgot why I started this reply . .

1 Like

Hmmmm. I follow both boards too and a quick scan of Tax Strategies shows the majority of threads with single digit number of replies. True, there were plenty in double digits too but going back to April, the biggest number I observed was 28.

Apart from that I have had several interactions with the Tax Board and AJ in particular and for the most part the information provided is succinct germane and accurate. I hope AJ continues to participate because her level of knowledge and clarity in explaining complex tax matters is simply awesome. Perhaps you should take a deep breath.

2 Likes

I never want to miss reading a post from aj, but if you never read anyone else in those places you are missing out.

2 Likes

After reading a thread about the marketing relationship between the paid and free boards, I think I might be right about the origins of Saul. Can anyone find his free board posting history prior to starting his own board?

1 Like

The old boards make that very difficult, especially for someone with Saul’s post count.

1 Like

Yes. I survived this recent dip because of what I learned on these forums.

1 Like

How do I HIDE all the posts/threads on a particular topic? I never ever ever want to see anything from Saul or his boards. But he seems to have completely taken over TMF, .

Please???

5 Likes

Amen brother. You can’t even pass gas on his board without getting him or one of his henchmen getting upset.

6 Likes

To the best of my knowledge, Saul’s board was always on the free side; however, Saul himself did have paid subscriptions for one or two TMF services (Rule Breakers was one, IIRC)…and would sometimes refer to them…and probably posted on them (but I have not checked that).

Cheers!
Murph

1 Like

You can Mute a category. Go to the base of the category (here is Sauls), then click the bell and choose Muted.

4 Likes

I do follow Saul, and his board. I have seen him recommend subscribing to SA and RB more than once.

5 Likes

I’m just poking the bear a bit because my main question was never answered. To wit:

What is special about Saul’s board that allowed them to have all of their historical posts transferred to these new boards while no other Category had that done?

And a follow up - what would it take to get old posts transferred on other Categories?

–Peter

1 Like

Perhaps try kissing up to Saul or Tiduszx or Kabaimiklos. Good luck.

1 Like

I believe that the Saul board has some connection to the paid Rule Breaker board in terms of its origins, and that, perhaps, it was seen as a mechanism for generating paying customers on the free boards. It is the largest board in terms of views, by far, and would be a perfect conduit for new lurking eyeballs to morph into new paying eyeballs. Other than that, I’m not sure what would motivate the exceptionalism.

PhoolishPhilip

IMO, the reason is clear. Saul’s board has high quality posts and brings in a ton of traffic. Just eyeballing the views, his board is likely generating some half of the page views on the free side. I suppose TMF also has metrics on how likely those viewers convert into paid subscribers.

Maybe we could argue for similar treatment for other boards. I don’t know how that was decided inside TMF.

9 Likes

The problem with those boards is that they do not have just one person looking over them and contacting TMF to have their posts retained. Sitting on the boards posting your concerns is not the same as calling TMF and talking to the heads about your concerns. Saul was in contact with TMF through the whole process. If someone from those boards would have done the same then they could have had the same results. Before saying you didn’t know you could do that, well either did Saul but he still cared enough to get it done.

Andy

7 Likes