Luby's - The End is Nigh

https://www.bamsec.com/filing/1609922000026/3?cik=16099

Looks like the dissolution of Luby’s is nearing. It’s last day of trading on the NYSE was May 27th.

I bought shares in October 2020. I didn’t take a very large position, but it’s worked out nicely. My dividends to date exceed my cost basis, and if I understand everything correctly, I should receive another $1.80/share. (Please correct me if I’m wrong.)

Cheers,
Matt

Matt, that looks to me like they’ve provided a cost basis of $1.80, and that the actual amount may/will differ based on what actually is paid out by the trust.

Best,

Jim

Happy Foolish Anniversary Jim!

Cheers!
Murph
BL Home Fool
(who notes that we both joined TMF in the same year: 2003

Happy Fool Anniversary, Jim!!

David

That’s a lot of years (balloons) Jim! Happy anniversary. So glad I stumbled onto SpecOpps years ago. Really wish it was still a service!

Care to start another newsletter? I’d be a happy subscriber even if it was just on a periodic basis, no set schedule!

David

Hey, hey! Thanks, Murph! Time just slips on by!

Jim

Thanks, David and David! I replied before I saw the other congratulations. So long already with the Fool.

You know I was reading about Substack the other day and thinking about what it would take to launch a newsletter there. I’m still mulling it as I have been for a while.

Best,

Jim

1 Like

So glad I stumbled onto SpecOpps years ago. Really wish it was still a service!

Me, too, David

Another David (formerly TMFWysocki)

1 Like

Congrats, Jim! You are a credit to Fooldom!
Vince

Thank you so much, Vince!

Best,

Jim

19 years… !

Belated “Happy Fooliversary,” Jim.

Thank you, Rob!

Best!

Jim