Michael Burry (the Big Short) Deletes Quick Tweet; What Company Is He Talking About?

I feel it has to do with Silverlake.

2 Likes

i would bet on $MPW (medical properties trust).

1 Like

Enron was an important company in terms of size… with supposedly $63B in assets. Something like MPW is insignificant… just background noise if it were to fail.

These days, scaling up for inflation, you’d need something around $100B to have a similar impact. I have no candidates to suggest.

Rob
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

2 Likes

No word yet. Just got back from the blood lab and I expected to see some type of announcement, something along the lines of Hindenburg Reports.

Burry is savvy but squirrely, just weird enough to make me like him. Nobody I follow tweets for 20 seconds, removes the tweet, then closes off his account. Burry does this all the time. If I was a bartender, he would be one of my fave customers because I would hit him every day with questions about other frauds in Late Stage Capitalism.

3 Likes

Apparently, Silicon Valley Bank. About $200B in assets.

They’re out of business.

Rob
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

2 Likes

That is Marc Cohodes second great call in the past seven days.

His two for two: $SI and $SIVB

If you never saw his interview by a podcaster which I placed on this board, it’s a barn burner. And it’s here that I learned he was short $SI and his next target was $SIVB.

In related news:

Burry’s Scion Asset Management’s positions included 150,000 shares in First Republic Bank, 250,000 shares in PacWest Bancorp, 850,000 shares in New York Community Bancorp, and 125,000 shares of Western Alliance Bancorp , filings showed.

Those are probably very small positions for him but regardless, I hope he made his purchases in late March or otherwise that was some very acute pain.