Mild cognitive impairment

Barron’s has a good article on “Mild cognitive impairment” and the importance of having a “financial ally” who can act if you get out of whack. Good idea.

Of course, the problem is finding someone who can do this kind of financial planning activity as well as myself. Hopefully when the time comes, we can use deep machine learning AI to program a robot with my “pre-cognitive decline” self and bounce ideas off of that. There’s no shortage of “job creators” flooding the “Financial Ally” space.

Seniors Should Pick a Financial Ally Before Cognitive Decline Hits. Here’s How.
https://www.barrons.com/articles/retirement-cognitive-declin…

… This delay can be costly, and it’s why researchers are urging seniors to choose a financial advocate and create a financial plan before they need assistance.

Mild cognitive impairment, which often presages dementia or Alzheimer’s, affects 6.7% of people ages 60 to 64, according to the American Academy of Neurology. Rates climb steadily thereafter, reaching 14.8% for those ages 75-79 and 25.2% for ages 80-84. Among people older than 65 who have mild impairment, 14.9% will get dementia within two years, according to the AAN.

intercst

3 Likes

<program a robot with my “pre-cognitive decline” self >

Dead simple.

The intercst program:

1. Hold 10 years expenses in cash. Deposit Social Security into this account.
  2. All the rest in FXAIX.
  3. If cash goes below 10 years of expenses, sell FXAIX to top off.
  4. Ignore market moves or any other influence.

What could be simpler?

Wendy

2 Likes