NET Acquires Linc

More innovation to drive yet more growth!?
I’m not a techie, so if someone with more tech prowess than I could weigh in, that’s be fantastic.

https://blog.cloudflare.com/cloudflare-acquires-linc/

sjo

8 Likes

Just a little from the Linc CEO
What we’ve found is that Cloudflare offered the most “FAB-native” hosting option, and so it’s very exciting to have the opportunity to further develop what they can do.

Linc + Cloudflare

As we stated above, Linc’s goal was to give frontend developers the best tooling to build and refine their apps, regardless of which hosting they were using. But we started to notice an important trend — if a team had a free choice for where to host their frontend, they inevitably chose Cloudflare Workers. In some cases, for a period, teams even used Linc to deploy a FAB to Workers alongside their existing hosting to demonstrate the performance improvement before migrating permanently.

At the same time, we started to see more and more opportunities to fully embrace edge-rendering and make global serverless hosting more powerful and accessible. But the most exciting ideas required deep integration with the hosting providers themselves. Which is why, when we started talking to Cloudflare, everything fell into place.

We’re so excited to join the Cloudflare effort and work on expanding Cloudflare Pages to cover the full spectrum of applications. Not only do they share our goal of bringing sophisticated technology to every development team, but with innovations like Durable Objects starting to offer new storage paradigms, the potential for a truly next-generation deployment, review & hosting platform is tantalisingly close.

I’m not a tech guy but this does sound like Cloudflare is in the right place at the right time.

Jason

8 Likes