Netflix: The 49 Absolute Best Movies to Watch

Hmmmmm, S. Korean sci-fi, sounds like one I want to see:

Another evening, another scroll through a “best movies on Netflix” list.

But this isn’t just any best movies on Netflix list. Oh no. This list has slightly more to offer: a rundown of what’s new each week, whether they’re watch-worthy or not. Plus, the list itself is confined to movies that have scored a lucrative 70 or more on Metacritic. Metacritic is, according to its About page, an aggregator of the “opinions of the most respected critics writing online and in print.”

Basically, it’s more snooty than Rotten Tomatoes. Here are this week’s new releases and the list of absolute best movies on Netflix, at least according to highly rated critics.

1 Like

Just opened up “7 Seconds” on Netflix and was hooked within 20 minutes. Watched 3 episodes. This is a very interesting crime drama involving crooked cops, cops who don’t want to be crooked with the Ole Skool, a death by cop which was really accidental, a drunk DA, and a cop who lives alone with a bunch of old dogs he rescues from the shelter. He only asks for old dogs nobody wants - my kind of guy - and he thought this investigation was all wrapped up. Then it took a twist. I hope he and the alcohlic DA get their swirl on. Both are bent characters who never went corrupt, but they had both been looking for the easy way out of doing the least amount of work as alcohol and dogs consumed their time.

Five-stars so far, and I’m hoping this holds up.

Also, my best friend in Richmond, VA is now going to rehab, hallelujah. I have called him in pain several times and explained, were he to get cancer, he would not be eligible to get these live saving drugs I’m on. Also, he must get his 3rd booster before he goes to rehab. Sounds like my kind of place.

**“7 Seconds” is talking to me. Having worked the bars for 40 years, you become super-attuned to street drugs, dealers, pimps, sex trade Kingpins, etc. And then there are the cops. Not all cops are bad. I wouldn’t want their jobs, but its the crooked cops I have problems with. **

**This explains very well what ole skool cops are thinking since Ferguson and George Floyd. And you learn how black families are still fighting stereotyping. **

Great show. Give it one episode.

**“Seven Seconds! Or is it 7 Seconds?” **

Okay, more shots tomorrow to stave off infections. Yeah, this is not the time to be coming down with a serious bout of COVID. Keep that stuff away from me. I’ll just hibernate out here in the woods.

My wife works around 75-125 physically and mentally disadvantaged people which polite society wants to lock away from taking part in the community. Not in Key West, which is a gem of a city to live in if you have people like my wife watching over your lesser fortunate family members who can’t tire their shoes, or change their adult diapers. My wife is now directing community involvment and she’s finding jobs for all her clients. So, I need to get over this big hump of the harshest drugs so I can free her up to do more good work for people who can really use a helping hand.

Anyway, just to drive home the efficacy of mRNA tech: all of my wife’s clients, majority of them in poor health already, had $MRNA. Many had slight bouts of COVID this past Summer. Lasted 48 hours, no more. We lost none of the 125 of them in the Keys. All are masked 100% in public. All have the latest boosters (mandated by the State of Florida, choke on that hypocrisy, ehh?)

So, all in all, a damn fine day despite the pain, nausea, and anemia. We’re winning in 2023. I hope you are too.