NHTC Results & Regulatory News

For those interested in Natural Health Trends Corp…

1. Results came out with another astonishing growth performance…
    I had to check they weren’t the previous results re-released. More 100%+ growth on display…
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/natural-health-trends-reports-…

2. Regulatory news out of china regulating physical importation of food, functional food supplements (FS) etc as well as ecommerce trading of food/functional/FS. The question is whether NHTC products are registered for the China market place and whether they direct selling involves ecommerce. These regulations could either shut the door on NHTC or limit competitors which will boost their business even more.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/china-food-safety-news-regula…

If they have an IR department it might be an interesting question for them…

Ant

1 Like

I hesitate to post on NHTC, but feel somewhat compelled. Most of my hesitation has to do with not understanding the financials or company well, so take this post with a grain of salt.

I was invested with NHTC for most of this summer, but sold before the most recent run up because of my low conviction. It was about 7% of my portfolio after gains. I like the numbers, who wouldn’t, but having watched the stock and news releases it just feels inflated or some other trick is happening. I have ZERO proof of this, just my gut. There could be lots of reasons, but every time the stock dipped there was a whole lot of support for the previous price. I don’t know what the volume or interest came from.

As far as product, I never tried any of it, and couldn’t find a lot on it from online searches. The business model doesn’t really seem to suit the Chinese market, but they say they are starting store fronts, both in China and here in the US. If those don’t materialize this stock could be in some trouble.

I’ve listened to the recent conference calls and choose to stay out, just too much risk for my blood. I sold for two reasons, 1) I didn’t understand the business or even the country it was located in 2) potentially better places for my money long term that suit my risk and investment tolerances.

Sorry if this isn’t the quality this board is used to, but its the best I can come up with for NHTC right now.

Rob

4 Likes