NKTR at Healthcare Conference tomorrow

SAN FRANCISCO , June 5, 2018 /PRNewswire/ – Nektar Therapeutics’ (Nasdaq: NKTR) Senior Vice President and Chief Scientific Officer, Jonathan Zalevsky, Ph.D., is scheduled to present at the upcoming Jefferies 2018 Healthcare Conference in New York City on Wednesday, June 6, 2018 at 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
The presentation will be accessible via a Webcast through a link posted on the Investors, Events Calendar section of the Nektar website: http://ir.nektar.com/events-and-presentations/events. This Webcast will be available for replay until July 6, 2018.

One would think they’ll use this opportunity to clarify 214 results and calm folks. I feel “it’s clear” that the results were good and that the expectation is that they get to the 85% level as the other patients are on the treatment longer… but it’d be nice for NKTR to formally put some clarification out there.

Mark

3 Likes

One would think they’ll use this opportunity to clarify 214 results and calm folks. I feel “it’s clear” that the results were good and that the expectation is that they get to the 85% level as the other patients are on the treatment longer… but it’d be nice for NKTR to formally put some clarification out there.

Actually they did clarify in that investor presentation that Jack referenced. At least it was clarified well enough for Jack, and for me. Quite clear, actually.
Saul

6 Likes

Actually they did clarify in that investor presentation that Jack referenced. At least it was clarified well enough for Jack, and for me. Quite clear, actually.

I agree. I’m completely satisfied. I just would expect having just received the 45% hair cut, they’ll be using every opportunity to reinforce the message. Hopefully they read some of the posts here for a clear method of communicating!

I’m personally grateful for the buying opportunity… dollar cost averages me down.

Mark

1 Like

Or they may be using it as a buying opportunity for themselves. I don’t recall if the company had funds for buy backs but it would be a great time to do so.

Or they may be using it as a buying opportunity for themselves. I don’t recall if the company had funds for buy backs but it would be a great time to do so.

I am still a relatively new investor, but I doubt a company at this stage would be doing buybacks yet without having any real cash flow from ops to this point. They’re basically still in a fund-raising/cash burning phase until one of their drugs gets commercialized…which could be far sooner than yesterday’s price action would have one believe, for NKTR-181, which “the market” may have almost completely forgotten about with yesterday’s price action.

I would think that tomorrow’s updates/clarifications could have some potential to move the price a fair amount, particularly if they were to come out with solid messaging that the updated results presented at the ASCO have apparently been grossly misinterpreted by the financial community.

We shall see though. I have done nothing with NKTR other than buying a 3rd “3rd” of shares yesterday. Won’t be surprised if I end up not buying some call options, but who knows.

-volfan84

3 Likes

Thinking about the current $9.6B market cap for Nektar, you could break down the value by the potential drugs…maybe $2B for NKTR-181 (maybe low?), $6B for NKTR-214 across different cancer indications and lines of treatment (maybe low?), and another $1.6B for NKTR-358 and other indications. Swap it over to Enterprise Value for Tinker and I, and that would drop it to closer to probably $8-$8.2B at present prices (but with the cash position still burning until any drugs become commercial)…then it might look more like, say, $1.8B for 181, $5B for 214, and $1.4B for 358, 262, and other; that is not a terrible risk/reward from my view, especially with the abscopal effect of combos including 262 hanging out there as a possibility to show up in future human trials (whether combined specifically with 214 or with non-NKTR drugs Opdivo, Keytruda, or something else…although a possible abscopal effect with those non-NKTR drugs is wholly speculation on my part only from knowing that they are also I-O drugs).

The big question with Nektar overall is whether all their polymer expertise with tweaking drugs can prove to improve delivery mechanisms for many different indications over the years. If NKTR-181 gets fast-track approval later this year and turns out to be a nice commercial success, the price reaction yesterday to the NKTR-214 ASCO presentation/data could turn out to look silly.

-volfan84
long NKTR, down a bit more than 30% averaged across the 3 “3rds” of NKTR…portfolio at an all-time high today, even with NKTR’s drop yesterday

11 Likes