NKTR: new clinical and preclinical data

I bought NKTR around the time when I sold my KITE shares after the GILD acquisition was announced. I bought NKTR because of its I-O pipeline. I saw its immunology and pain programs as gravy. Today, NKTR is announcing new data for several of its pipeline candidate therapies:

New Data Featuring Nektar Therapeutics’ Wholly-Owned Immuno-Oncology Pipeline to be Presented at the 2017 Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer 32nd Annual Meeting

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/data-featuring-nektar-therape…

Nektar Therapeutics Presents Preclinical Data on NKTR-358, a First-in-Class Regulatory T Cell Stimulator, at 2017 American College of Rheumatology Annual Meeting

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nektar-therapeutics-presents-…

Stock is up 9% today (and up about 30% since I bought in late August) on the news of the pipeline progress.

I think NKTR is interesting because it has many I-O programs (including several stand-alone and several combination therapies with partners’ drugs) giving it many “shots on goal”. In addition, NKTR has a pain candidate and an autoimmune candidate(s).

Chris

6 Likes

Good play, Chris.
Price up 10% just because they will present trial data on a meeting? I don’t get it. I never doubt that their pipeline is very promising. But it is uncommon, at least for me, that the stock up so much before releasing trial data. Chris, do people know something that I don’t know?

Alex

Price up 10% just because they will present trial data on a meeting? I don’t get it. I never doubt that their pipeline is very promising. But it is uncommon, at least for me, that the stock up so much before releasing trial data. Chris, do people know something that I don’t know?

If you read the press releases that came out today, you will see that the information about the study updates is available in the abstracts. It’s been released already but will be presented shortly.

Chris

If you read the press releases that came out today, you will see that the information about the study updates is available in the abstracts. It’s been released already but will be presented shortly.

Got it. Thanks a lot, Chris.

Alex