Tues
pm PAYC, GOOGL, DXCM, IRBT

Wed
am SPOT, BA
pm TDOC, FB, NOW, MSFT, ALGN, TSLA

Thur
am ABMD, TWTR
pm TEAM, AMZN, AAPL, ZEN

Wouldn’t shock me to see market whipsawed by these results this week.
Google should be down (ad spend)…that is this afternoon.
But tomorrow the MSFT and NOW ERs should be ok, TDOC should be up, and FB/TSLA will be mixed bag (ad spend and less cars being made).
Thursday would be interesting with TEAM, which speaks to the world of things like WORK…office productivity software. AMZN should be up, but AAPL and ZEN may be hit (hardware spend down, ZEN is smb-heavy).

Alphabet/Google earnings:
https://abc.xyz/investor/static/pdf/2020Q1_alphabet_earnings…

revenue was up 13%, likely as only March was really impacted and perhaps they would have been closer to 20% in normal non-pandemic environment. Key will be forecasts.
Their CFO: “Performance was strong during the first two months of the quarter, but then in March we experienced a significant slowdown in ad revenues. We are sharpening our focus on executing more efficiently, while continuing to invest in our long-term opportunities.” I am reading elsewhere that Google Cloud segment was up 50%+ y/y, so that is a positive for cloud stocks.

The ad slowdown is why I don’t get the recent runup in TTD, and I am historically a TTD bull. “Signficant” slowdown in ad revenues.

Reporting on Jan-March quarters will probably yield similar results for most covid-impacted companies of Jan-Feb being mostly fine, and the unknown of what the Apr-May-June Q results will eventually look like. At least there should be less pressure on companies giving firm guidance numbers to “beat”. Most will just take a mulligan on guidance for calendar Q2.

Dreamer

3 Likes

Probably indicative of what is to come; but I counted nearly 80 times that the phrase COVID-19 was used in the Dexcom 10Q and 22 times in the Dexcom 8k.

A mere 7 times in the Paycom 8k

And 6 times in the iRobot 8k

1 Like