No more turning away
From the weak and the weary
No more turning away
From the coldness inside
Just a world that we all must share
It’s not enough just to stand and stare
Is it only a dream that there’ll be
No more turning away?

I apologize up front for what some might consider a political idea. But I insist that this is an idea for investing, to invest in the opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the future of our country, and how our desires are turned into law. Tell me: What better investment can there be?

It’s unusual when 90% of Americans wish for the same agenda–any agenda. But it’s becoming quite normal for our leaders to not only ignore the desires, beliefs and wishes of the 90% majority, but to make laws that support the very opposite views, while lining their pockets with contributions from the 10% minority and the companies that benefit from the status quo. And not once, but repeatedly, time after time.

Maybe today we’re all (well, 90% of us at least) once again sick of our children being slaughtered while they attend school, trying to better their lives and learn and invent the tools they will need to design the future of our country and our very civilization. It’s a tragedy; it’s a travesty that should never happen, but continues to happen without any meaningful attempts made to change the future of similar tragedies.

I have this dream, a simple dream that We The People will rise up against this repetition of tragedy of unbearable magnitude. A dream that someone somewhere, will find a way to fight to force our leaders to accept the will of We The People, to turn away from the bribes offered by the minority and the companies that reap huge profits from selling the tools used to slaughter Americans day after day.

So, if money and power are all that our leaders will accept for making our will, the law of the land, I still have a dream, a dream where 90% of Americans decide to donate funds to fight fire with fire. A dream that maybe a few hundred million dollars’ worth of donations used in the right ad markets would force our “leaders” to do their job, to represent their constituents rather than the very few who fund their election campaigns. Or maybe we could donate funds directly to our leaders’ election campaigns, if that’s what it takes. I’ll leave the choices and details to others better qualified and experienced, but the choice to do nothing is too costly; too many lives will be senselessly taken.

So I have a dream, a dream that someone, somewhere, has a practical outline for making our lawmakers represent the will of the people. Without knowing precisely where that someone somewhere, is or what they’re thinking and planning, I must hold on to my dream and make modifications as information comes forth.

About 18 months ago, I started to take small, baby steps to kickstart my dream. I tried to register a website with the name/domain of We The People, to work to begin to change the way the decisions that affect all of us, are made. Sadly, the name was already taken. Busy with other things, I let the dream slip down my long list of priorities for the time being. My bad.

This year’s market has blown up my investments to the greatest extent ever. But I still continue to invest, and with some portion of my wealth, I’m waiting for that investment that I think will change the world. It isn’t Artificial Intelligence, nor Machine Learning, nor Software as a Service of any kind, although we could use them all if needed, and the sooner the better.

No, I firmly believe the answer is somewhere in the idea and power of We The People. We are the majority. We are the Power. It is our country and our future. How many more of our children are we willing to sacrifice to slaughter before we rise up and insist on change? Each and every excuse is but a twisted lie that needs to be exposed.

If only we had the right idea. Thus my question: What’s yours? When (not if) we come up with the solution, I want to be first in line to invest, and I encourage you to join me.

Is it only a dream that there’ll be
No more turning away?

19 Likes

Oops!

I meant to include this link so you could hear the song while you read my dream. Sorry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEMy34qhQe4

2 Likes

raptord2

Thank you for your post. I agree.

1 Like

One of the best songs ever. Thanks for supplying the lyrics, first time I’ve seen them,
I’ve had a few words wrong in my head while listening, luv it !!

1 Like

And a great post after the lyrics !

Totally agree, time to put the screws to the NRA and all of the pols that they
own, on both sides of the aisle.

Soooooooooooo sick of this BSSSSSSSSSSSS.

6 Likes

I’m not going to get into any serious politics but lobbyists/money seem to control things over common sense.

For example not long ago I was reading about how complicated tax laws are and they were describing one benefit for lower income people. Companies like Intuit (Turbo Tax) & H&R block were lobbying not to make it easier but instead make it even more complicated in the theory they could sell more of their services.

And you can easily extend that to many of today’s problems. I don’t know where others live but around me it seems like potholes are everywhere and I haven’t seen one road crew fixing any of them and yet they are raising the gas tax by 7 cents in a time where MD had a huge surplus in their budget.

Sadly we are just peons. A manager at work once told me that upper management just views everyone as FTEs (full time equivalents) and not as people or people with different skills. I was hoping he was wrong but he wasn’t.

It is sadly amusing how many people don’t vote for things in their best interest.

3 Likes

So I have a dream, a dream that someone, somewhere, has a practical outline for making our lawmakers represent the will of the people.

We already have a method to make our lawmakers represent the will of the people.

Elections.

This is an American problem that Americans can solve. Yes, there are several critical priorities. But we the people choose not to make saving children’s lives one of our top priorities when we vote.

AW

6 Likes

I could go on quite a bit here. Quite a bit.

Pink Floyd is my favorite band. Ask me any question about them, please. They’re one of the original ‘political protest bands’ going back to the early 60s in England.

Today? I’ve volunteered as a poll worker in my local community. It seems a good use of my vacation / PTO to participate, to honor my civic duty.

Our world is on fire, literally. War, interest rates, supply chain blocks, climate change, all of it.

How do we invest successfully, confidently in this time? Very, very challenging for me to walk that path or provide any pithy advice.

My ‘dream’ is to find a third or fourth party in the United States of America where the two-party system gets upset. It will literally take decades and 'b’illions of dollars.

Musk?

I continue to invest in the companies I see to be the best, I continue to engage in my local community. I recommend the same for everyone.

Kip

2 Likes

No more turning away.

The mongoose stirs.