OT rant, anything for a buck

The media is abuzz. Prince Harry is publishing his memoir. The guy is 38.

One commentator on the news last night put his finger on it: it’s all about publicity, keeping people chattering about him. Ever since the break with the family, and running to Shiny-land, that couple’s MO seems to be all about money and publicity, just like any other Shiny-land “celeb”. And Liz isn’t around anymore to shut down their leveraging the family name for more shameless money grubbing.

Steve

1 Like

So?

He is being smarter than any other ex royal.

The couples worth is reaching for $1 billion in all likelihood. There are mega contracts and production companies involved.

In actual pay and assets they can lay their hands on and sell at their will, the couple in reality are wealthier than any of the other British royals.

Not that I will read it but for the royal watchers his writing a memoir makes sense as it is close in time to his history as a royal.

2 Likes

As a wise man once said:

Mencken titled that entry in his column “Notes on Journalism.”

His topic was a recent trend in the American newspaper business: “tabloid newspapers” that were geared toward uneducated readers, including those Mencken described as “near-illiterates.”

“No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.”

“He is being smarter than any other ex royal.”

He? Or that American “celeb” wife? My fearless forecast: after making a fortune off the name, the wife will divorce him, and take his money. Then publish a string of books, and TV appearances, talking about his kinks and quirks and “mommy fixation”, whatever get the media nattering, and make another fortune.

Steve

1 Like

Hand in glove their agendas are the same. They do love each other I think. I think it is because the chemistry is good and they do well together on projects. Even taking an occasionally needed jab here and there at some of the others.

At least that is my story…and I could care less about getting into the weeds of any of it.

1 Like