PSIX Press Release

I think this is big news and probably responsible for the $5 rise today on a week day for the market.

Saul

Power Solutions International to Showcase On-Highway Engine Lineup at 2014 Work Truck Show

INDIANAPOLIS, March 5, 2014 – Power Solutions International, Inc. (PSI) (PSIX), a leader in the design, engineering and manufacture of emissions-certified alternative-fuel and conventional power systems, will present its lineup of alternatively fueled, on-highway products at the NTEA Work Truck Show and Green Truck Summit in Indianapolis, Indiana, March 5-7. The company will exhibit a propane-powered PSI 8.8-liter engine, installed in a Capacity of Texas terminal tractor. In addition, PSI will display the General Motors 4.8-liter engine, 6.0-liter engine, and 6L90E transmission.

“We’re excited to show the capabilities of our 8.8-liter LP engine as we head into the final weeks of completing its EPA and CARB certification,” said Jeremy Lessairs, Director of Marketing and Communications at PSI. “The Work Truck Show is a great venue for us to demonstrate our ability to bring quality, OEM-backed alternative-fuel engines to the market.”

PSI and Capacity debuted their first collaboration, a Capacity TJ5000 tractor powered by PSI’s 8.8-liter engine, at last year’s Mid-America Trucking Show, in order to highlight the attractive economics of natural gas and propane engines for the medium-duty truck market. The new 8.8-liter engine offers mobile fleets a cost-competitive and easy-to-integrate alternative to diesel engines.

PSI continues to expand its on-highway lineup, which was launched in 2011 with a newly designed 8.8-liter “big block” engine. A multi-year supply agreement with GM to sell 4.8-liter and 6.0-liter engines for on-highway use enables the company to offer a full range of alternatively-fueled engines for Class 4 through Class 7 applications.

According to Lessaris, PSI’s on-highway products offer across-the-board improvements in power and fuel efficiency, and can be equipped to run on natural gas, propane, and gasoline. In particular, he noted that PSI’s 8.8-liter is unique in that no other comparable engine combines performance with fuel flexibility.

PSI will present its power systems in booth number 5273 at the Work Truck Show, March 5–7 at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, IN. The Work Truck Show is North America’s largest work truck event, offering fleet professionals 500,000 sq. ft. of the latest in advanced technologies, alternative fuels and equipment innovations for vocational trucks.

5 Likes

Saul,

I think this was indicated in their earnings call as well. The more I learn about this company, the more impressed I 'm. Very good execution. I wonder how well they will be able to scale as demand for their engines increase. Will be interesting.

Anirban.

Me too!

And I tend to love it when the people who run it have large equity stakes, as the brothers here do. Every once in a while someone uses their large stake to stick it to the minority shareholders, but I do not think that would happen with these guys.

I am so glad to have found this profitable take on the nat gas trend.

PSIX up another $3.00 right now today after $6.50 yesterday. I think investors are hungry for a company in the natural gas engine space that knows what it’s doing to invest in. Especially after having been burnt so long by Westport.

Saul

2 Likes

PSIX: only 80k shares traded today. When investors get hungry for it, the volume should go up. We could see this stock rise a lot more. I bought more at $75 two days ago and I’m now wishing I had bought a bit more.

Chris

1 Like

I think investors are hungry for a company in the natural gas engine space that knows what it’s doing to invest in.
Especially after having been burnt so long by Westport.
[my Bold]

Amen to that.

Not a pretty site:

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=WPRT&p=W&yr=3&m…

1 Like