Public Adjuster question

Wow, seems since this new concept, everyone has left to go elsewhere?
Anyway, question for anyone left and not an easy one without consulting with an Attorney possibly, but someone might know the answer if ever been in a similar situation.

Condo Association will be receiving funds from their flood policy soon. If individual owners are not(and they won’t be) happy with the payout and need to claim for tile, cabinets etc which was not adequately compensated for, can each owner hire their own PA without the board being forced to have one PA represent them and the owners within?

I ask this, as four were chosen or interviewed and there is conflict with many owners on the person to be chosen. I cannot see any reason why each owner does not have the right to choose their own Public Adjuster. Checked the docs and nothing is said there.
Anyone have some thoughts on this please?

1 Like

I’m confused. Why would the condo policy be paying for individual owner’s “walls in” items like tile and cabinets?

Not sure, but if there are individual claims, it would seem that individuals could hire their own adjuster. That said, if the claims are on the condo association’s policy, the insurance policy may require that the entirety of the claim be handled as one claim, requiring use of a single adjuster.

AJ

1 Like

I’m confused. Why would the condo policy be paying for individual owner’s “walls in” items like tile and cabinets?

Because in some units the mold and water got under the tiles and ripped them up, same with the cabinets as received over 6 feet of surge.

Not sure, but if there are individual claims, it would seem that individuals could hire their own adjuster. That said, if the claims are on the condo association’s policy, the insurance policy may require that the entirety of the claim be handled as one claim, requiring use of a single adjuster.

AJ

Yes, the claims are on the Condo’s association policy for the flood, but it’s totally unclear if this also applies to the same rules, as opposed to having, as you said, individuals hiring their own adjuster.

Thx for the reply…

I would think that the HOA’s insurance and your HO6 insurer would be duking it out to see who pays. Or maybe your HO6 (Walls-In) policy pays the outstanding amount after the HOA’s insurance???