PVTL early results

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3443035-pivotal-drops-q4-reven…

The quarter seemed not bad - beating the profit expectations and just missing revenue. I’d like to see the details, to see their subscription growth and customer growth.

I think I might be backing out of Pivotal, however.

I still think they are a fantastic tool, with enormous value to the enterprise.

This is the 3rd quarter that I’m feeling disappointed however - they need to prove they know how to sell and win the mid-market. If they can’t do it now when there is hardly any competition, what happens when a credible competitor comes along?

This is hard to believe, when they totally own the developer’s mindshare with their open source software - Spring suite, which they aren’t effectively monetizing. There is probably not a Java project today that isn’t using Spring (unless the project is really old, or some specialized application like an embedded application)

I’ll wait to see the full results, but if I’m not happy, I’ll move on. In any case I’ll keep an eye on the stock, Spring, Pivotal server, and Pivotal container services are all great assets and should be worth a lot. But if management doesn’t know how to sell, I may wait to see a change in management.

17 Likes

Spring, Pivotal server, and Pivotal container services are all great assets and should be worth a lot.

Betamax

But if management doesn’t know how to sell, I may wait to see a change in management.

After watching Mad men and life in general I don’t
love marketing or executives. But, they are the ones that make or break companies. What is
more, often the men that
build the
company and get public are not right ones to lead it once it is there. (Not always the case, look at Apple without Jobs)

Cheers
Qazulight