Question-

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/10/politics/yellen-new-irs-fundi…

Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen on Wednesday directed the Internal Revenue Service not to use any of the new funding allocated in the Democrats’ new health care and climate bill to increase the number of audits of Americans making less than $400,000 a year, according to a copy of the letter obtained exclusively by CNN.

+++++++++++++++++++

Can Yellen legally direct the IRS as what they can or cannot do?

Can she enforce any violations?

YR

1 Like

Can Yellen legally direct the IRS as what they can or cannot do?

Can she enforce any violations?

Yes. Read the following link (it is a .gov site).

https://home.treasury.gov/subfooter/faqs/duties-and-function…

1 Like

Pursuant to section 7801, the Secretary of Treasury has full authority to administer and enforce the internal revenue laws and has the power to create an agency to enforce such laws.Jul 5, 2022

This I did not know. I wonder who directed Lois Lerner and team?

YR

This I did not know. I wonder who directed Lois Lerner and team?

I wonder who directed the special audits of James Comey and Andrew McCabe.

AW

18 Likes

YR,

If you watch certain news agencies they are preying on your lack of education to have you out there worried about this. Just flat out using their viewers to sell their advertised soaps.

This is not a matter of white collar v blue collar. Anyone might not know the IRS is under the US treasury, but your news sources are just screwing with you for hahahas.

YR,

If you watch certain news agencies they are preying on your lack of education to have you out there worried about this. Just flat out using their viewers to sell their advertised soaps.

This is not a matter of white collar v blue collar. Anyone might not know the IRS is under the US treasury, but your news sources are just screwing with you for hahahas.

++++++++++++++++++++

What a gift you have to be able to know that I have a doctorate level degree from UCLA, what news (if any) I watch or listen to and such. Stellar even.

So we are in agreement that cabinet level political appointments have sway over the IRS and how they do things. So when Lois Lerner takes the fifth, no political appointed supervisors directed her to do what she was doing and were not held accountable.

Check and double check. We are now a 3rd world government. Quick hide my laptop!

YR

3 Likes

What a gift you have to be able to know that I have a doctorate level degree from UCLA, what news (if any) I watch or listen to and such. Stellar even.

So we are in agreement that cabinet level political appointments have sway over the IRS and how they do things.

Let me ask what is your doctorate in?

Sway over the IRS? No not at all. Meaning it is illegal to use the IRS for political purposes. The laws exist on the federal and state level against political hackery.

Before you bring up the IRS investigating Tea Party folks and one or two other groups.....

That happened because those groups filed their paperwork incorrectly with the IRS. Those groups refused to declare they were political groups.

I get there are a lot of guys that keep saying just prosecute all of them fairly. The problem is only a specific bent is breaking all the laws constantly. Just saying the other bent is without any evidence is happening.
2 Likes

Before you bring up the IRS investigating…

Could we all just stop replying to political posts?

DB2

4 Likes

DB2,

Could a few people stop making political posts is the real question.

The reply is way over due. I hear more garbage.

1 Like

Could a few people stop making political posts is the real question.

Well, that too. However, a single political post is far less polluting than an ongoing thread.

No replies, the thread dies.

DB2

No replies, the thread dies.

Ha!

Yes, by all means, let’s end this thread. For all who agree, please say so.

Pete

1 Like

Yes, by all means, let’s end this thread. For all who agree, please say so.

Pete

Thread ignore works great, I use it often. Nothing personal but as a foreigner much of what is discussed on METAR, even the good stuff about healthcare, drug costs and the like is not all that pertinent to me.

Tim <mostly here for morning entertainment while watching CNN, We Canucks may need a wall?>