Ready for a conspiracy theory about Buffett?

Looking at some youtube pieces about Chrysler/Strabismus tonight.

There has been chatter on this board about Buffett raising cash.

Strabismus CEO Tavares has been talking about cutting brands.

Started following videos by one talking head, who claims to have informers in Strabismus.

The first video I looked at, he was talking about the company shifting some trademark registrations from the Chrysler brand, to Dodge, which feeds a rumor that Chrysler, which is down to one model, the Pacifica minivan, is up for the chop.

The second video I watched floated the rumor that both the Dodge and Chrysler brands are on the auction block.

This third piece, from two days ago, reports that top level honchos from BYD have been looking at the Chrysler HQ building in Auburn Hills, and the Brampton, and Windsor plants, both in Ontario.

Does BYD have the money to buy the Dodge and Chrysler brands, plus the HQ building, and the two Canadian plants?

Buffett owns a stake in BYD, and has been raising cash.

Here is the piece about the plant visits. Commence spreading rumors.

4 Likes

Chrysler/Stellantis ???

The Captain

Strabismus – a vision disorder in which the eyes do not properly align with each other…

DB2

1 Like

Registering my disapproval of stupid made up names that mean nothing. Strabismus seems particularly appropriate for a company that can’t seem to get it’s poo in a group.

Steve

2 Likes

But do they align with the customer’s POV…

1 Like

The same guy that did the piece in the OP, recently did a piece on the pricing of the new Charger EV: starts at $59,000, higher trim $73,000. He laffed at the arrogance of asking that much, for what the car is.

Seems there is a disconnect between what Tavares thinks, and what customers think. Strabismus didn’t even have Ford’s excuse of soaring warranty claims costs, because Ford is building poo.