Risk management.. reminder

Short selling is the riskiest and still the quick way to loose all your money. *

• Don’t short sell

• Don’t sell naked puts

GameStop short sellers have already lost $1 billion from Monday’s monster rally

3 Likes

Look at the volume on GME. It’s huge.

Andy

Most of it is trading during the day, also, the reddit crowd, typically buys large amount of calls out of the money, which will require the institutions to buy the stock to hedge…

So the stock has again going to be a battle ground for retail investors and institutional investors. If you are adventurous go long, don’t short. I think the “apes” have established a huge position. Remember the reddit crowd was pretty big on AI stocks, and many made tons of money there.

2 Likes

Anyone following this resurgence of GME? I know this is WAYYYYYY out of bounds for most of Fooldom, but seems they are back. This is one where the kid told me to invest in some (way back first cycle) and I laughed it off. What do they know? Right?!?!

Well, this time around I am hoping to find out what is moving Roaring Kitty got have SOOOO much money in this stock. Why does he have over $200 million in exposure to this stock?

So…I have $200 into stock and one Put sitting for this Friday. Let’s see if I can scrape a little off the top, but also not put my entire life savings into something I don’t understand. :slight_smile:

Are we allowed to discuss GME on the boards?

1 Like

Feel free. I stay out of this name, because it will be too volatile to speculate. If you are going to speculate, buy put or call depending on your view, don’t sell. The stock can crash or soar. You may make money or your losses are well defined when you buy options. Don’t chase the premium and sell options.

2 Likes

Because he is an Operator and trying to manipulate the stock price and doing a great job of it. Read the Book “Reminiscence of a Stock Operator” It really explains how this works and details Jesse Livermore’s life. X Fintech is built around his theories and you will see many people on there pumping their stocks. Be very careful because they are not investments and at sometime they will pull the rug out when they can find enough support to sell all their shares. Personally I think Roaring Kitty has a bunch he is trying to get rid of and is the reason he is pushing up the price.

Andy

3 Likes

Stopping by again to follow up on the advice here.

To start, I have never considered RK (roaring kitty) as a stock manipulator. Maybe he was naive the first time around, but there was never any evidence he planned or executed stock manipulation. In fact, what the funds did against him was much worse in my opinion. You start to shake the foundations of Wall Street and they are going to come for you.

But, even then, he did his part as a citizen and went to the hearings. He suffered that indignity for the sheer GALL of ‘sharing’ his portfolio holdings.

The only people that pulled out the rug were the people doing the ‘investigations’ or shutting down his channels or closing his brokerage accounts. That was the reason it was all killed the first time around.

If you watch the documentary “Dumb Money”, it shows just how insidious/incestuous the big guys can be. They were all supporting each other while they were losing their shorts because…well, their shorts. Shorting in and of itself is only really designed for the corporate traders. The only way they consistently ‘make’ money is by manipulating so many other areas of finance, marketing, and internal accounting.

So, about the options, I am not going to ever “buy” an option. To do that you must have some insider knowledge. I only sell options and if I get a Put assigned then I flip and sell the Calls. This works for me, one example is Toast. Been working those options for some time recently and making ok pocket money to reinvest in things like Nvidia, MS, and SHOP…all stocks that have shown versatility and survivability.

Is GME a good company, nah, I wouldn’t want to own it long term. I have never researched it (other than what people post in various places) and I don’t see any solid/growing income stream.

But, I also invest with a LOT of social research. I watch trends, I follow discussions, I learn what the “public” thinks and I see how they react. The first time around, I sat this out. I didn’t know anything about WallStreetBets, Reddit, or any of that stuff and despite the kid telling me everyone was doing it…I stuck to what I know.

But, I learned, I watched, I got to understand the situation here. So, seeing this come back around this time, I feel a bit more ready. For me, and only me, this one looks like a GREAT option play for some time. I have a Put out there now, but I am not worried about getting assigned. I have a process for things like this now. Another example in the world of my options is Soundhound. Lots of people have poo-poo’d the company, but I think the options pay decent when the volatility is up.

This is just a counter point to other opinion, and just like bholes, everyone has their own opinion. I am in to play this time and learn more about what is going on.

(Note - I said ‘play’, I am no where close to being serious about this yet and I have only bet the pocket money so far. There is no way I would do like all the others that followed first time around…and bet the whole house or savings or whatever…but then, I will also never see GME stuff making me a millionaire…or like RK - over $200,000,000!!! He started in the tens of thousands first time around if I recall, then that tanked and in the meantime he has created that much more $$$ from his trading.)

2 Likes

I understand the anger/ frustration with the wall street/ hedge fund firms, but that doesn’t mean “roaring kitty” is not manipulating. If you want to take part in the speculation that is your choice. But be clear, there is manipulation going on. Walk in with your eyes open.

Separately, we need folks who take serious risk and make big bets. Now everyone is hugging Index and everyone is in Mag7. Hopefully this brings speculation back into the market.

3 Likes