SaaS Trends Report - 2019

Some good stats in here :

SNIP…

“The average midsized company has 32 different billing owners for its SaaS applications, effectively distributing the task of IT budgeting across the entire organization.”

"One is that app turnover is very common. In fact, the typical mid-sized company saw 39% of their SaaS stack change last year. The other notable trend is that IT decentralization is increasingly leading to budgeting and security issues. A whopping 71% of companies have at least one SaaS subscription with no billing owner. "

“Looking forward, these rates provide a useful rule of thumb for managing SaaS. You should assume that in 2 years, roughly half of your SaaS stack will be different than it is today.”

https://www.blissfully.com/saas-trends/2019-annual/

13 Likes

You should assume that in 2 years, roughly half of your SaaS stack will be different than it is today

I found this interesting. Clearly not all SAAS are sticky. Some of them can be easily replaced by a competitor product. Example web conferencing software - gotowebinar, webex etc. We also use Certify which I am sure can be easily replaced. The trick is to find some that are more sticky. I feel most of the companies we follow here fit under that - TWLO, SHOP, SQ to name a few. They do have competition.

1 Like