Signature Bank (SBNY) release

Just for your interest (bolding and capitals are mine).
Saul

Signature Bank (SBNY)…has been named Best Business Bank by the New York Law Journal in its annual reader survey. The Bank also ranked second in the Best Private Bank and Best Attorney Escrow Services categories.

Since the New York Law Journal introduced its reader survey in 2010, Signature Bank has continually secured the top spot or ranked in the top three in each of the categories in which it was named. This is THE THIRD CONSECUTIVE YEAR Signature Bank has been voted the BEST BUSINESS BANK.

It is also the sixth consecutive year the Bank was named in the top three of the Best Private Bank category, and the fifth consecutive year it appeared in the top three in Best Attorney Escrow Services category, including twice being ranked number one.

The rankings, which were announced in the… leading New York-area legal trade publication, were based solely on 8,000+ reader-casted votes, primarily those from attorneys and other legal professionals. Readers were presented an opportunity to vote in more than 100 legal-related categories. The voting process is purely democratic, and the results represent the candid opinions of New York Law Journal readers…

10 Likes

I just wish the share price would reflect all of these accolades…This investment has been a big loser for me for several months now.

2 Likes

I just wish the share price would reflect all of these accolades…This investment has been a big loser for me for several months now.

I’m right there with you, AZ, along with anyone that bought the stock sometime in the last year.

That being said, “several months” is not a long investment period, and I always have to remind myself of that, that you can’t judge an investment on just a few months time period as nobody can guess the immediate, short term movements of a stock (many can get lucky, myself included, now and then).

The biggest problem I see with some of the stocks discussed on this board is that sometimes they don’t continue giving the “all clear” signal long enough for the stock price to show the anticipated gains.

Saul is quick to get out of a stock when he perceives a reason to in the short to medium term, regardless of the potential long term outlook, as he seems to be able to put that money to use in what he thinks are better opportunities. This has obviously worked fantastically for him based on his long term track record.

I’m not as quick to dump a stock experiencing some short/medium term issues if I think the longer story is still intact. An example for me would be SWKS, I think Saul is partially or even maybe completely out of that one, that was his top conviction stock for quite a while. I haven’t sold out of that, as I still believe in the long term outlook of SWKS with the “IOT” still coming over the next many years, so I’ll stick around for that (I also feel Apple is going to do pretty well with their iPhone upgrade cycle this year, which invariably influences SWKS price).

Definitely not saying my way is better, Saul’s results over the long term cannot be questioned, but it is better for me, as I have more positions than most on this board, and keep them for longer periods, too.

Here’s hoping SBNY doesn’t have any additional hiccups (more taxi medallion write downs) before the stock price shows some expected/anticipated increases based on it’s performance.

8 Likes

I agree with pretty much everything you said, foodles.

Like you, I have more positions than most on this board appear to have, and I tend to look longer term than most on this board appear to look.

I join you in your hopes for SBNY’s stock price!

1 Like

Like you, I have more positions than most on this board appear to have, and I tend to look longer term than most on this board appear to look. I join you in your hopes for SBNY’s stock price!

Me too. As it’s my 3rd largest position, I’m glad to see it starting back up.
Saul