SiriusXM Subscription

I’ve subscribed to SiriusXM for quite a while, mainly because I had a taste when we bought our used F150 XLT, it was prepaid for that years I jumped aboard, got used to having decent news, music, Doctor Radio aboard, wherever we roamed. Then I discovered the SiriusXM App on my iPhone, so I could use it on my walks or other wanderings, anytime, anywhere…

So the new '23 RAV4 Limited came with a trial subscription… And now after only a few months it has expired… Thanks to CarPlay, I can still get at Sirius, but it’s a bit of a hassle, it takes CarPlay a while to sync, connect to the Media center… I can’t see adding another subscription, and it looks like they don’t have a family plan, other than the one App connection…

Next up is attempting to talk to someone at Sirius, maybe just transfer what I have to the new vehicle, let the F150 revert to AM/FM plus a CarPlay dongle there…

Has anyone seen, dealt with SiriusXM lately, are there options I should ask about?

Thanks for any and all help, ideas…

weco

They have a $5/month special going now.

https://care.siriusxm.com/subscribe/checkout/flepz?programcode=MCP5FOR12

Ahh, will have to talk to an agent, investigate///Maybe just dance; the current on the F150… Hmmm, Hectic times here, gatherings, travel… Lots of shuffling…

Thanks!!

OK, today, 12/20/23, well, this evening (Thu), after their business hours, via text chat, I was able to Activate the new RAV4’s SiriusXM radio @ $5/m for a year, and then managed to have him merge the other, F150 radio account, so now both are in one account… Still need to kill the F150 account, but need to sort out emails, passwords as emails are going to DW, but logins to me… But my iPhone is still logged onto the F150 radio, and I don’t see a direct way to switch except deleting the app…

Another day, maybe tomorrow…

12/21/23 - OK this morning, an email had me go verify my account, once in I was able to correct, hopefully the email addressing, and while at it change my iPhone app to the new, RAV4’s subscription… As both are paid up, I’m not going to Delete/Unsubscribe the F150 for now, a couple trips are coming, don’t need to get messed up out on the road… Need to be sure the RAV4 is solid as far as the SiriusXM subscription…

The F150 had a little hassle when I had it’s head unit replaced, had to round up a coax adapter so it’s sat antenna could connect to the new Alpine head unit, and I had to add a CarPlay Dongle as well, so that will let me continue to get SiriusXM there, even once its subscription is killed…

I think I got it sorted…

Update: Today I went back into my SiriusXM account and after a bit of a hassle logging in, I did manage to cancel the old F150’s third party radio account. that left a +$37 balance which can be used to pay the RAV4’s account for several months…

One less monthly bill…

Earlier today I cancelled our at&t landline, so another savings as far as monthly bills…

1 Like