SKX transaction in the C-suite

SKX President GREENBERG MICHAEL converted 200k Class B shares into Class A shares (“on a one-for-one basis for no additional consideration”) into a couple of trust accounts on 4/28 and 5/2 at $33.866.

According to the Form 4 at http://skx.com/investor/sec.html. This brings his holdings to 686,925.258 Class A shares. I don’t know how to find if he still has more ‘B’ shares.

HTH,
Jack

1 Like

SKX President GREENBERG MICHAEL converted 200k Class B shares into Class A shares (“on a one-for-one basis for no additional consideration”) into a couple of trust accounts on 4/28 and 5/2 at $33.866.

Jack, Could you translate that into English?
Thanks,
Saul

translate that into English?

Oh, gosh! English too!? :wink:

Well, as clearly as I understand it (now that you’ve called me on it and I look at it again), the CEO Michael Greenburg of SKX chose to convert 200k 10-vote/share B shares into 200k 1-vote/share A’s.

Holders of Class A Common Stock and Class B Common Stock generally have identical rights…
[except that] holders of Class A Common Stock are entitled to one vote per share while holders of Class B Common Stock are entitled to ten votes per share

I was mistaken about the trust funds; he holds them directly.

So do these entrails tell us anything useful? I am clue-free. I’d welcome any feedback from the group. I’m still trying to figure this out. (I know, I know, I probably won’t ever get past that feeling.)

Humbly,
Jack

1 Like

Converting ten vote “B” share into one vote “A” shares usually occurs when an insider intends to sell shares on the open market. The “B” shares are held by the insiders and are not sold on the open market to maintain voting control.

Just a guess.

Wiseguy

6 Likes

Converting ten vote “B” share into one vote “A” shares usually occurs when an insider intends to sell shares on the open market. The “B” shares are held by the insiders and are not sold on the open market to maintain voting control.

Interesting, Wiseguy, thanks.

Anyone else want to jump in?