Skyworks: Stand up and cheer

I just listened to David Aldrich’s presentation yesterday at the Raymond James Conference:

http://investors.skyworksinc.com//eventdetail.cfm?eventid=16…

All I can say is that he made me want to stand up and cheer. It’s not often that you see a company so in charge of their future. I’m no longer going to try to limit my position size. This is truly a great company!

Saul

20 Likes

Saul, I have recently begun to review the posts on this discussion board, and I have gleaned (maybe incorrectly) that your largest position is in SWKS. I am wondering whether you are willing to (or perhaps have already done so) reveal your top 10 positions. I promise not to interpret the revelation as you dispensing advice.
–Speedy

I am wondering whether you are willing to (or perhaps have already done so) reveal your top 10 positions.

Hi Speedy,

At the end of every month, but not during the month, I list all my positions, with a little commentary. Here’s a link to the most recent.

http://discussion.fool.com/my-portfolio-at-the-end-of-november-3…

If you are new to the board I also strongly recommend that you read the Knowledgebase which tells you what I do and is crammed with goodies.

Saul

For Knowledgebase for this board
please go to Post #9939.

A link to the Knowledgebase is also at the top of the Announcements column
on the right side of every page on this board

1 Like

I’m no longer going to try to limit my position size.

Wow, that’s a strong statement when you already have around 20% of your investments in it! Displays a lot of confidence.

Thanks for stating your increased level of comfort with this investment. I’ll consider that when weighing my next investment.

All I can say is that he made me want to stand up and cheer. It’s not often that you see a company so in charge of their future. I’m no longer going to try to limit my position size. This is truly a great company!

Thank you for sharing this.
I watched it and I am impressed too. More than 20% of my holdings are in this company. It is sure assuring that this company is an excellent company with strong earning growth future .

2 Likes

I’m no longer going to try to limit my position size.
Wow, that’s a strong statement when you already have around 20% of your investments in it! Displays a lot of confidence. Thanks for stating your increased level of comfort with this investment. I’ll consider that when weighing my next investment.

Hi Foodles, I guess that WAS a rash statement. I was just coming from listening to the presentation and seeing the slides, and was carried away. Yes, I have a lot of confidence in the company, and in Aldrich, but please, PLEASE, don’t buy Skyworks based on my youthful enthusiasm. Please make your own decision, and I assure you that my feelings won’t be hurt if you decide to pass on it!

Saul

3 Likes

Nor, Saul, will we be surprised if your enthusiasm for other companies competes with this surge of enthusiam.

Great presentation. I especially like how they are not just selling components to their customers, but consulting with them to design exactly the optimal components they need.

If anything concerns me about SWKS over the long term it’s how much of a no brainer it seems as an investment. But maybe that’s just because most haven’t caught on r=that it’s not just an AAPL supplier.

Some observations:
I’ve had a 4G phone for years now and my monthly data use probably 50-60% more than it was a year again spite of actually using my phone less than I used to. Content is getting more data rich across many services and that will just keep increasing demand for components to pump more data through faster so people can keep having better experiences with it. This is especially true as more video content becomes ubiquitous on various social channels.

Best computing upgrade I’ve made recently was a dual band router with a 5Ghz channel. Increased Wifi speeds about 8-10x over the 2.4 Ghz band. Now 20 GB/sec feels slow on any other wifi.

Everything is getting more connected by faster speeds. All reasons that I want to buy more SWKS too

I’m not a tech expert, but

4 Likes

…but please, PLEASE, don’t buy Skyworks based on my youthful enthusiasm. Please make your own decision…

I always take full responsibility for my investment decisions!

I admit I don’t have the TIME or SKILLS to do the analysis that many on this and other boards at the Fool do, but I do investigate the companies I invest in by taking in all the analysis others do to make my decisions. I (unfortunately) am still working a (more than) full time job and have many, many, other commitments of my time (from church, to Boy Scouts, to my kids activities), so I just don’t have the time to do the analysis myself, but I can read all I can and make an informed decision.

I know, not as good as doing it yourself, but after all, that’s why I joined the Fool network in the first place, so that I could benefit from investors whom I respect in their stock picking abilities.

7 Likes

this statement during the call got me excited:

“If you let us walk through your home today I guarantee we would find 20-25 SWKS devices”

&

“Total SERVICEABLE market going from $7 bil to $18 bil by 2018”

Combine that with 38% margins, and in my opinion, their market cap should/will be higher than GE/Samsung/LG/insert any other home device company.

Robert
Long SWKS,

2 Likes

I’m getting caught up after falling a couple weeks behind on this board. It seems this link from Skyworks’ investor relations page no longer works. Can anyone tell if the David Aldrich presentation at the Raymond James Conference is still available online anywhere?

-mekong

I remember watching this and wanted to go back and re-watch it but it is gone. I did find the PDF if anyone is interested in revisiting it or did not catch it the first time around.

http://www.skyworksinc.com/downloads/about/skyworks_overview…

3 Likes